Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Open carry to the polls

Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    Good thing the thread is about open carrying then

Quote Originally Posted by red_oktober78765 View Post
    Is it legal to carry either open or concealed (I have my license) to go vote there?
    Hence, my point. It's the questions I find kinda dumb.

(Montgomery County)

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by lager1829 View Post
    Local branch of QDMA had a seminar I organized on a Saturday in a high school multipurpose room. One speaker insisted on police presence (long story there). Two local Leo were assigned at our expense. The speaker thanked them for coming and showed he was carrying concealed. They just shrugged followed by an eye roll when the guy turned around didn't even ask to see his LTCF.
    Only Constables and Deputy Constables are allowed inside the polling place for the purpose of preserving the peace. The police are to remain 100 feet from the entrance of the polling place only allowed inside the polling IF summoned by the Judge of Elections.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

In a Church any type of carry should be legal. IIRC Viper carried inside a school to vote and nothing was said.

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    Only Constables and Deputy Constables are allowed inside the polling place for the purpose of preserving the peace. The police are to remain 100 feet from the entrance of the polling place only allowed inside the polling IF summoned by the Judge of Elections.

IIRC, 24 years ago when I was a Constable, I could call the Police if needed. However that may have changed. When the SHTF, calling one person is a bad idea. A three year old can call 911.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Juniata County)

The answer is yes. It doesn*t matter the polling location.

Ran into an issue a few years back. Old lady said I couldn*t carry. I informed her she was wrong. Asked to see my license. I refused, stating I was open carrying and no license is required to do so, and wouldn*t present it in any case. She started talking again, and I looked over to the judge of elections, and asked if I needed to file a complaint for voter intimidation & harassment. He told her to drop it, and I suggested he ensures the poll workers get proper training in the future.

Lot of balls on the woman considering the polling place was the fire station I*d run at for about a decade. Don*t think she was happy when I left my son with the Democratic observer so I could run a call that came in while I was filling out my ballot.

Never had an issue after that.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    In a Church any type of carry should be legal.

In Pennsylvania, it is NOT illegal to concealed carry in a church. It may be restricted on a church by church basis, but there is no legal impediment to concealed carry in churches in PA. There is no restriction on Roman Catholic churches in the Philadelphia diocese, and my pastor is 100% fine with parishioners carrying in church.

Watch proximity to schools, however.

(Berks County)

All you could want to know about carrying, while voting - https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/11/0...and-its-lawful
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    In a Church any type of carry should be legal. IIRC Viper carried inside a school to vote and nothing was said.

IIRC, 24 years ago when I was a Constable, I could call the Police if needed. However that may have changed. When the SHTF, calling one person is a bad idea. A three year old can call 911.
    I was not saying that anyone else could not summon the police if needed and I apologize if it came across that way. What I was referring to was having the police hang out at the polling place to keep the peace. They need to be asked to be there by the Judge of Elections. The Constable or any election official can summon the police for assistance at the polling place.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

The sight of armed people at the poles just might keep some older or more timed TRUMP voters away.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

i walk in before or after work in full duty rig, do my civic and leave.
    no questions, no answers.
    used to carry with a paddle and do the same, also no issue.
    local Presbyterian church if memory serves. i know it's the one with all the signs out front on voting day and easily driven past un-noticed any other day as i'm not the worshiping type, no offense to those who are.

after the last "any other purpose" ruling and the bias of PASCOTUS i wouldn't touch the grass on the road side of the sidewalk on a school. walk my ass down the middle of the road to be safe.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast