Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
So I got it back out to the range today, and put a few more rounds through it. It seems to be locking open on the last round about 75% of the time, the rest of the time it goes far enough back to eject the casing, but fails to lock open. I didnt have any jams though, though I only shot about a dozen rounds through it before I went back to my other AR. Its not entirely enjoyable to shoot with the shockwave brace and the real short barrel lol. You definitely feel more of a concussive force from the shorter barrel and its quite a bit louder.
I still think it is short stroking and maybe getting a bit better as it gets broke it. I would suggest however, as I think was mentioned earlier, to check that the gas block is actually in the right place. Take it off, look at where the port is and mark that location on the outside of the block with a grease pencil or something else. Then hold it up against the barrel so you can match up the port with the hole in the barrel and then see how it relates with the shoulder on the barrel. The port might just be a little shy of being correctly centered on the hole in the barrel. That could be why you are getting some function but it needs that extra bit of gas to function correctly.