Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default ACSS reticle on SD weapon

The old lady says ACSS reticle on my AR will be used against me in court should I ever need it for social work. Granted I'd only be using the horseshoe, she claims that the human measurements for ranging targets is proof that my intentions were people hunting ( I'm obviously not hunting bears with 5.56 and I don't think they sell one with average groundhog range measurements although that would be epic).

I know she has gone full Joe Biden on me over here but what say you?

red dot, ACSS, maybe something really cool that I don't even know about ?

Default Re: ACSS reticle on SD weapon

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyPullover View Post
    The old lady says ACSS reticle on my AR will be used against me in court should I ever need it for social work. Granted I'd only be using the horseshoe, she claims that the human measurements for ranging targets is proof that my intentions were people hunting ( I'm obviously not hunting bears with 5.56 and I don't think they sell one with average groundhog range measurements although that would be epic).

I know she has gone full Joe Biden on me over here but what say you?

red dot, ACSS, maybe something really cool that I don't even know about ?
    LOL is all I have to say about that.

I have a ACSS raptor coming in the form of a 1x6 FFP scope for hunting this season.

Red dot acss without a magnifier is is pretty impossible to use since it's so small your better off going with the fixed 2.5x that Rob from AKOU often uses out to 500 yards.

(Montgomery County)

Interesting point which I never thought of. This is a good question for someone like Mas Ayoob who you can get ahold of at the Glock talk go ask the expert self defense forum.

Also keep in mind many steel silhouette targets match up with the reticle so it's useful for competition.

This whole thing seems silly to me.

Adjustable sights, hi viz sights, night sights, and peep sights all make it easier to hit your intended targets which were all humans when they made them. The same can be said about HP ammo, *military* calibers and the civilian versions of those weapons that fire them.

Any anti gun DA or attorney will try to use anything they can against you period. Get a good lawyer on retainer and maybe some SD/CC insurance along with it.

I would be more cautious about discussing shooting people or praising those actions on the internet and it being used against you vs a sight reticle on your range, target or competition rifle.
    Last edited by Hodgie; August 30th, 2020 at 08:29 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    This whole thing seems silly to me.

Adjustable sights, hi viz sights, night sights, and peep sights all make it easier to hit your intended targets which were all humans when they made them. The same can be said about HP ammo, *military* calibers and the civilian versions of thuse weapons that fire them.

Any anti gun DA or attorney will try to use anything they can against you period. Get a good lawyer on retainer and maybe some SD/CC insurance along with it.

I would be more cautious about discussing shooting people or praising those action on the internet and it being used against you vs a sight reticle on your range, target or competition rifle.
    The bolded is absolutely true.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Adjustable sights, hi viz sights, night sights, and peep sights all make it easier to hit your intended targets which were all humans when they made them. The same can be said about HP ammo, *military* calibers and the civilian versions of thuse weapons that fire them.
    This is pretty close to my line of thought. I've seen Mas bring up a case where a defendant was vilified for carrying a colt cobra because cobra made the firearm sound scary and aggressive. There are bigger fish to fry so I won't think twice about this optic.

Thanks all

(Bucks County)

Speculating what an adversary might try to use can bring some interesting thoughts. I once read, and wrote of, someone saying never carry a handgun in a holster...having it at the ready like that can be used as proof you intended to use the gun... or some such idea.

The attorneys will be building their theories and presentations on what can be shown, not on speculations that can be countered and discounted. Trying to anticipate what novel supposition may happen is a waste of time.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.