Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Cz75d pcr + mcarbo spring kit + cgw trigger = 2 hours of "fun"

I recently purchased a cz75d pcr as a carry gun for the summer when my Beretta 92 is just too big.

Not my first cz. But i never did any work on my other cz before selling it.

I took it to the range a week ago and had a few observations. The trigger was unpleasant physically. Like it bit into my finger and the trigger pull was heavy.

I ordered the mcarbo trigger pull reduction kit and their floating trigger pin. I also ordered the cgw trigger.

The video for the install of the shooting kit is here:

It is an hour long! So i say down and cast the video onto my tv and had the gun in front of me.

First up are the firing pin and firing pin block springs. No big deal. Everything is like the video. Hooray! Good start.

Next up is the hammer spring. First problem, the gun in the video has a convenient lanyard loop. The pcr does not. I use a punch to push the spring retainer and eventually get it. Not a huge deal. But things have started to turn.

Next step is replacing the sear spring. This requires you to remove the decocker. The decocker doesn't come out like in the video. You have to lift the leg of the sear spring to get it out. Took me a minute to figure out. Not my first rodeo.

Then you take out the sear pin with a little pin tool they provide to pull the entire fire control group out at once. I'm starting to notice the pcr isn't like the video at all now. My pin doesn't just push out. There is a weird washer retaining the pin. I knock the washer out. Then push the pin. Absolutely nothing.

I look it over and see no reason it should bind. I give a few light taps from my hammer and punch. Nothing. I'm frustrated now. I put a rag on my steel v block (on its side) and lay the frame on it. I give a few solid hits and the pin finally moves. Back in business.

I finally get the cage out. Replace the sear spring. Onto the easy part.

Last up is the trigger spring. I am going to replace the trigger at the same time. One end of the trigger pin is flared and the other is not. Wait. What's this? Both ends of my trigger pin are flared! I finally resign myself to just taking my time and using my smallest punch to attempt to remove the pin. I finally get it out. Trigger spring goes flying. No big deal. I find it. But I'm replacing it anyway.

Put in the new trigger and pin. I leave out the set screw for the trigger. Looks like one is over travel and one is pre travel.

Was it all worth it?

The trigger pull is night and day! Like the single action trigger is almost too light... Almost. Double action feels a lot like my Beretta 92 with a "d" spring installed. Only it took significantly more work to get there.

I'm happy with the results. I wish it were an easier journey getting there. I seriously hope i never have to take this gun completely apart again.

-Zach

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Cz75d pcr + mcarbo spring kit + cgw trigger = 2 hours of "fun"

The stock trigger pull on the PCR is like trying to lift a concrete block with one finger. I watched a couple install videos on trigger and hammer replacement and just sent mine off to calgunworks for them to do it. I didn't have the time, tools, space, or patience for that.