Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Custom Optics Install on Beretta Cougar / 8000

I've had a bit of an obsession with the Cougar for the better part of 15 years, and now that the Trijicon BE03 is no longer available, I'm looking into the possibility of mounting a red dot on one. The back of the Cougar's slide has a lot going on, so I'm not sure if it's possible to mount even something small like the Sig Romeo Zero.

Is anyone aware of a gunsmith with milling and Beretta knowledge that could perhaps tackle this project? No need to be local, anywhere in the lower 48 is fine. Thanks!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Custom Optics Install on Beretta Cougar / 8000

I love the cougar....I have the stoeger clone, and love shooting it.... a buddy of mine fell in love with mine, and I sold it to him.... I Then found another In the classifies and snapped it up....

FYI the gun I sold my buddy had a failure in the front part of the slide...I requested they replace the slide..... Long story short Stoeger
    Replace the entire pistol, with a new one.... even though I told them it was purchased used... I couldn*t be happier with the company or the pistol!
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Centre County)

I asked a well respected gunsmith from Texas who I know. He does a LOT of milling of slides for a lot of different semi autos for just about any optic mount out there. Here's his exact words (he does not mince his words):

I don't think it would be possible to mount directly to the slide.

If he*s dead set on using an optic on that slide:

1) he*s dumb

2) he will need to use a dovetail mount. Not sure anyone makes them specific to the cougar (see #1), but it*s probably a standard Beretta dovetail pattern so something designed for the M92 would probably work
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    I asked a well respected gunsmith from Texas who I know. He does a LOT of milling of slides for a lot of different semi autos for just about any optic mount out there. Here's his exact words (he does not mince his words):

I don't think it would be possible to mount directly to the slide.

If he*s dead set on using an optic on that slide:

1) he*s dumb

2) he will need to use a dovetail mount. Not sure anyone makes them specific to the cougar (see #1), but it*s probably a standard Beretta dovetail pattern so something designed for the M92 would probably work

Well, that's a bit rude, but pretty straight forward.