Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Default Re: Gov. Wolf asks lawmakers to legalize pot, spend virus funds

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Or just make everything legal and let it sort itself out.

Prohibition just makes things far worse. Over reach of government, abuse of power, wasted tax payer money dealing with it, criminalizing behaviors often caused by the medical system.

Had a guy OD couple months back. On crushed pills. He was very thankful we saved him, on account of him being previously dead. Nice guy.

Guy has a job. Veteran. VA got him strung out on narcotics, caused an addition. Pills he got most likely laced with a fair amount of fentanyl. Bystanders helpfully did mouth to mouth & cpr prior to our arrival. Likely would have been dead without it, took a while to get his spo2 up, I honestly thought we were going to end up intubating him.
    i agree.
    while i would not like to emulate the majority of societies out there, they do handle things differently and somehow haven't devolved into these cesspits of depravity.
    sure japan has their demon tentacle hentai but it wasn't because of the beer vending machines.
    europe has their legal prostitution, but it didn't cause WWII
    some nations have damn near no limits on drugs or the bulk of the population chews special leaves, they don't have mass murders (in excess) and are some of the nations where if you don't work, you starve to death because they are not advanced enough for welfare or the bulk of what we consider a "government"

i wonder how the discussions went when republicans passed an actual amendment to prohibit liquor. willing to bet there was a group saying it'd be the end of society when re legalizing it was floated. completely forgetting that society was there pre-ban and is post-ban, arguable it was a foot in the door for more fed over reach but democrats just figured it's easier to abuse power to do the same.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Chester County)

(Chester County)

NRPS did a great version of this, but here is a version by the writer.

Just legalize it, but drive a hard deal with the assholes to extract what we can.

(Chester County)

@Gripsafety... you*ve been unfriended by Jenn.

I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    You know what else is funny, the people who preach the loudest about a certain "evil" are always the ones who are living the life they claim to hate. How many outspoken anti gay people turned out to be closeted gays? I wonder how many of the refer madness people smoke in secret while feverishly typing about their righteousness.
    I haven't smoked pot since before you were born or better put I've not smoked pot longer than you've been alive. At some point you have to grow up and become an adult.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Tax revenue generated from regulated marijuana will cover my free senior citizen shuttle rides to the mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    If it's tax dollars that are the problem , why don't they just start scaling back all the welfare , esp for these lifers.
    Wait... I need a ride to the mall!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I haven't smoked pot since before you were born or better put I've not smoked pot longer than you've been alive. At some point you have to grow up and become an adult.
    that "some point" happens a lot sooner the less social safety net there is to keep you fed.
    it is the main issue with our country right now as that net breeds the dependent and thus the statist.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    If it's tax dollars that are the problem , why don't they just start scaling back all the welfare , esp for these lifers.
    Now is a great time to do it , more places than ever looking for workers but can't find any.
    Some of these jobs could be considered as careers.
    save $$$ on the welfare and the lifer has to go to work *.. or not *. but if they do , they get to pay states taxes on their income.
    it's a win-win
    you should know just as well as the rest, the ratchet of control only tightens in one direction, a few clicks at a time, slowly.
    government scaling back? we will need a few new agencies to plot this out and test the rammifications, it is going to take at least several thousand new federal employees to look into this "scaling back" thing.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011