Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: The 2020 ammo price tracker thread

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Same with ammoseek.com. Much of what's listed isn't in stock either, or you click on a .30/round link and you get 2x that.

9mm FMJ will be $1/round by election day.
    It didn*t even take that long:

Winchester 9mm 147 gr JHP USA White Box 500 Round Case. $499.99 ($1.00 / round)

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...500-round-case
    "Cause remember: no matter where you go.....there you are" ---Buckaroo Banzai

(Chester County)

It just keeps getting more ridiculous. Gunbroker auction, 500 rounds of .22 lr. CCI Stinger 32 gr. HP went for 33 cents/round delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If this keeps up it'll be cheaper to operate a .50 BMG.
    With some of the scores I made several years ago, you're pretty close

I'd consider selling some stash, but I don't want to deal with GB or shipping it. so my ability to do so is limited.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    It just keeps getting more ridiculous. Gunbroker auction, 500 rounds of .22 lr. CCI Stinger 32 gr. HP went for 33 cents/round delivered.
    Jeeze. I think I payed $.08/round just back in March. Only bought 200 of Stinger but bought 500 each of Mini Mag and Clean @$.07/round. 1000 of Winchester Ranger BJHP @$.45/round 40cal then too.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    Ive noticed gunbroker flooded with Frontier boxes the last week, the week before that it was a lot of Barnauls, which is what I ended up with.

The Frontier is iffy in my mind. Ive seen lots of ARs blown up from Frontier ammo.
    Exactly. A former coworker who just got into guns was all happy he bought 150 rounds of that for $75-80 a couple months ago until I told him to Google Hornady Frontier blown up AR's. He was disappointed, shocked and sad at the same time. If he wasn't an asshole overall I would feel bad but I don't.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    Exactly. A former coworker who just got into guns was all happy he bought 150 rounds of that for $75-80 a couple months ago until I told him to Google Hornady Frontier blown up AR's. He was disappointed, shocked and sad at the same time. If he wasn't an asshole overall I would feel bad but I don't.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...b_version=True

would say the big box stores are now into the price gouging phase now...sportsman guide, usually a ok priced place to shop just sent me the above link for guaranteed delivery of 9mm 124 grain FMJ for Feb 2021....at $37 a box for 50 or $600 plus pre 1K....seems its a Czech Republic manufacturer.........

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAO56 View Post
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...b_version=True

would say the big box stores are now into the price gouging phase now...sportsman guide, usually a ok priced place to shop just sent me the above link for guaranteed delivery of 9mm 124 grain FMJ for Feb 2021....at $37 a box for 50 or $600 plus pre 1K....seems its a Czech Republic manufacturer.........
    Sportsman's Guide only raises thier prices when their distributor prices go up. I got two 1k round cases of S&B 9mm from them for $189 ea in August.

They had Federal .223 listed last week for $398/1K backorder est 11/04/20. Now it's over $600.

I don't understand how the manufacturers and distributors are justifying tne price increases, besides "free market!".

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Sportsman's Guide only raises thier prices when their distributor prices go up. I got two 1k round cases of S&B 9mm from them for $189 ea in August.

They had Federal .223 listed last week for $398/1K backorder est 11/04/20. Now it's over $600.

I don't understand how the manufacturers and distributors are justifying tne price increases, besides "free market!".
    It's called "supply and demand" just like the big gasolene selling companies, they have the supply and they demand you pay this price. They hold back on supplies and squeeze the market for higher prices. It happens every time there is high demand for gasolene or ammo. There's no real shortage there's just a shortage of the factories letting their supplies get into the market place. When you have only a few factories producing just like a few oil refineries they can control the market.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Same with ammoseek.com. Much of what's listed isn't in stock either, or you click on a .30/round link and you get 2x that.

9mm FMJ will be $1/round by election day.
    I think it is . Might be more right now. Saw 500 round for 399. That*s 800 for a thousand. .80!!! Add in shipping and your over.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast