Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Gun Sellers Use New Tactic to Deal on Facebook Marketplace

A year after lawmakers called on Mark Zuckerberg to better police Facebook’s second-hand market, gun sales proliferate—this time, disguised as stickers.

Last year, The Wall Street Journal reported that dozens of would-be sellers across 10 U.S. cities were advertising rifles and handguns on the site, but disguising them in posts as gun cases or empty gun boxes, often accompanied by photos of the cases with gun-manufacturer logos.

Now, a new tactic involves posts purporting to sell stickers, alongside images of gun makers’ logos. Sellers typically ask an interested party to send a private message via the service for more information. Several sellers contacted by the Journal responded to say they were actually selling guns, not stickers, and provided details and pricing.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gun-sel...le_email_share

Bill

Default Re: Gun Sellers Use New Tactic to Deal on Facebook Marketplace

Awesome. Thanks for the tip!

(Montgomery County)

As we know, this is merely violating Facebook's rules - not necessarily laws.

With forum classifieds, this is almost unnecessary IMO. But anything that proliferates the legal use of arms I'm all for .

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith33 View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    As we know, this is merely violating Facebook's rules - not necessarily laws.

With forum classifieds, this is almost unnecessary IMO. But anything that proliferates the legal use of arms I'm all for .
    Yes!!

(Perry County)

Facebook allows FFL holders to advertise their inventory. My friend who owns a gun business and has a business FB page got tagged because he used his personal account to show some of the guns he has for sale. Now he says "Look what I saw at..." on his personal page.

All so stupid when dealing with a lawful consumer product.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

Speaking of fakebook...I was reading this AM in the news a story of how they were laying their own highspeed line across the Pacific to Asia and for some reason have stalled the installation. This has resulted in a terminus under the sea out in Oregon where they have left a heap of drilling mud and I guess a conduit of some sort buried.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Facebook allows FFL holders to advertise their inventory. My friend who owns a gun business and has a business FB page got tagged because he used his personal account to show some of the guns he has for sale. Now he says "Look what I saw at..." on his personal page.

All so stupid when dealing with a lawful consumer product.
    A shop out in Bucks County (Authority Arms) kept getting their inventory posts taken down. I told them to include a statement along the lines of "We are a licensed dealer and all sales require a background check" (a big "DUH!" to anyone knowledgeable) - and then their posts stopped being flagged.

(Monroe County)

I do " look what's new at Trigger Time" They can PM/email for info.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff