Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Post Election Prep

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Part of me really wants to grab a "solvent trap" with the plan of form 1'ing it to be legal once I move. That way, if things were to go to hell, at least I am a drill press away from a suppressed rifle.
    If you do, only order from a U.S. location, and ask to mail a M.O.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Unless you have a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket, starting to cover your weaknesses now is going to prove futile. Yes, you can store food items and such, but at what point do you draw the line and say enough is enough???

Come election time, its going to get pretty bad. Bad enough for the National Guard to get called out. I think the Blue cities will burn, while the surrounding suburbs will keep these freaks at bay.

The week of...maintain a low profile and armed at all times.
    I agree up to a point. There's too many people in the surrounding burbs with friends and family that will flee the shitholes they created. We'll be inundated with brainless sheep trying to destroy our neighborhoods, the way they destroyed their own, before they fled. Shits about to get interesting.

(Berks County)

I can't predict the future. One day at a time is all I can handle. It will work out.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I can't predict the future. One day at a time is all I can handle. It will work out.
    This pretty well sums up my position, eloquently putt G-n-W, I prep when and where I see my needs or where I lack, I will not let paranoia consume me. I feel at my current "DEFCON level" ( which hasn't changed to much in decades) Im better off than most folks

Im getting ready to be sidelined for a while for rotator cuff surgery and Im actually looking forward to the self exile from all this crap, masks,distancing cattle shout entrances ,footprints ect...

Read the lyrics especially at~1:35 , Joe Walsh had it figured out 40 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Y85ci-8jY

(Chester County)

IMHO, if you are looking for something to invest in that has the potential to increase in value the most, if TEOTWAWKI really happens, now this is armageddon level event type stuff, SALT.

Right now, salt is so cheap, <50 cents/pound, that you can lay back hundreds of pounds for a veritable pittance. If kept dry, salt will last until the end of time. Salt is a mineral and will not burn, it melts at 1473°F and boils at 2669°F. Salt is essential for humans, livestock, canning, pickling, curing meats and margaritas. Salt can be a generational hedge against disaster.

The old adage, "a man worth his salt" comes from the days of the Roman Empire, when soldiers were paid in salt. Rant over.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    IMHO, if you are looking for something to invest in that has the potential to increase in value the most, if TEOTWAWKI really happens, now this is armageddon level event type stuff, SALT.

Right now, salt is so cheap, <50 cents/pound, that you can lay back hundreds of pounds for a veritable pittance. If kept dry, salt will last until the end of time. Salt is a mineral and will not burn, it melts at 1473°F and boils at 2669°F. Salt is essential for humans, livestock, canning, pickling, curing meats and margaritas. Salt can be a generational hedge against disaster.

The old adage, "a man worth his salt" comes from the days of the Roman Empire, when soldiers were paid in salt. Rant over.
    If anyone here was a fan of the TV series Jericho, the small town's salt mine was one of the targets for the bigger neighboring town.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    If you do, only order from a U.S. location, and ask to mail a M.O.
    Or buy from a member here and pay cash.

Will have solvent traps and a few other goodies start coming available in a few weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you can dodge a bear, you can dodge almost anything. I keep two cans at the cabin and rotate them out every 4 years. Boat flares (aka fire starters at the gun shows) are also nice projectiles.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlytrap View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you can dodge a bear, you can dodge almost anything. I keep two cans at the cabin and rotate them out every 4 years. Boat flares (aka fire starters at the gun shows) are also nice projectiles.
    If you get one for your car, I suggest not putting it next to your fire extinguisher.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

I am sending my wife to our fall back location upstate the day of the election. When we think it is safe for her to come back, she will.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast