Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Sig P365. Anyone have

Last edited by bugout; August 22nd, 2020 at 06:52 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

i had the p365 and then bought/ tried 365XL, i honestly wanted to like them - they seemed like the dream 9mm carry guy w all the features i always wanted. but to be truthful i just didnt like shooting it... as crazy as it sounds i enjoyed shooting my G2C way more and shoot it extemely well; it soaks up recoil and seemed to me to shoot smoother w less muzzle flip. all i have done is upgrade thr sights, dropped in a lakeline recoil spring, and dremel undercut the triggerguard, design is 12+1 from like a decade ago + and contours are excellent for appendix carry, safety done right (if you want to use it), and im dialed in on that longer trigger pull now... and it was $160 used. sorry sig didnt do it for me, and the $50 mags and proprietary rail didnt either... one cool thing, you can put the 365xl slide on the p365 for a longslide carry gun ..

but... you can do this with a G3 and G3c now too.

just a different viewpoint for you

(Allegheny County)

Tried one out at the range, was a fan. Felt great to shoot, nothing snappy about the recoil, grip had a nice, mildly aggressive feel to it. Like it much more than other small carry guns like the Hellcat, Shield, Glock 19, and others.

(Butler County)

i bought one just after they were having issues with the firing pin breaking. I was shooting at the range and the back plate that covers the firing pin came loose while shooting and dropped about an 1/8" preventing the slide from returning all the way forward. I pushed it back into place and kept shooting. sent it back to sig and they replace some parts but not the firing pin/spring assembly. I have about 1000 rounds through it since then with no issues. I carry it but will be switching to my m&p 2.0 subcompact 9mm.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Wasn't there an issue with a spring rubbing on something and wearing?

If I didn't already have a few subcompact nines, I'd probably get one. I have too many other things on my want list.
    There were a few where the end of the trigger spring was cut with a slight point on the end. It extended into the magazine well and caused some scratches on the mags. Mine did it. You could feel it with your finger. 30 seconds with a small file ended that. My girlfriend also bought one a few months after I did. Hers did not have the pointed spring and did not scratch anything. Not a big deal.

Some people complained about the primers showing some drag marks. Numerous members of Sigtalk proved with photos that just about every other small firearm did the same thing at one point or another, but people still made it an issue. To end the complaints, SIG redesigned the striker point. New ones do not do that now.

(Bucks County)

Great carry gun, hard to beat. Shoots like a big gun. You would expect snappy? I'm oblivious to recoil but the 365s design almost seems to negate it. Have 2, they are the best IMHO.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Montgomery County)

i bought mine within the first few months they were released, have maybe 500 or so rounds through it and i love it. Fits my pocket carry roll perfect even with 12 round mag

(Susquehanna County)

I love mine!

I shot it and then shot the Hellcat. I own the Hellcat. The Hellcat fit my bigger hands much better. It also carries one more round than the Sig 365. The OSP Hellcat does wear a Sig Romeo 0 so it still has some Sig in it!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

It's my main carry gun now. I pocket carry in the summer with the 10-rd mag, and carry the 12-rd mag OWB in the winter.

I splurged on the elephant trim for a custom holster from TT GunLeather. Tim's holsters are works of art.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast