Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Amid Booming Gun And Ammo Sales, Arms Makers Aim Not To Get Burned Again

I know it’s Forbes but the article is interesting from a manufacturing perspective. Seems general thoughts from the manufacturers is “this too shall pass.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aaronsm.../#52f19be54382
    "Cause remember: no matter where you go.....there you are" ---Buckaroo Banzai

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Amid Booming Gun And Ammo Sales, Arms Makers Aim Not To Get Burned Again

Good article

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Amid Booming Gun And Ammo Sales, Arms Makers Aim Not To Get Burned Again

Makes some good points on long term planning. Short term it seems to be a buyer's freezy though...

(Chester County)

I think arms companies see it as most of us do. If you don't have your guns and ammo ready to roll right now you may be too late and will have to find alternatives.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I think arms companies see it as most of us do. If you don't have your guns and ammo ready to roll right now you may be too late and will have to find alternatives.
    My neighbor is looking into ar pistols now. I got him on board the handgun train when 9mm shields were $200 but he had to get the ok for an ar from his wife. I*ve been looking at prices trying to help him out and am amazed by the difference a couple of months make. He ordered a kit from palmetto and a lower for about $520 total so not unreasonable overall compared to a few years ago and most of history but we have been spoiled in the age of Trump. He probably would have had the same package for around $400 or so before March 13th. He texted me asking if Palmettos metal mags were any good earlier tonight. $10.99 each. Before March 13th $6.99-$7.99 with free shipping if you got it at the right time. Ammo is where he will really be paying. I am giving him 100 rounds but that only gets you so far.

People have had years to stack it deep while it*s cheap, anyone who waited until now will be paying a premium on just about everything. But better now than never.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

No manufacturer is going to spend money on capital equipment, knowing that the boom is going to bust. Still, I think these shortages can only get worse. If Trump loses, there will be a rush to buy everything in sight before the gun grabbing starts. But if Trump wins, Antifa and BLM will ramp up the civil unrerst, and guns will fly off of the shelves. Either way, it's only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    No manufacturer is going to spend money on capital equipment, knowing that the boom is going to bust. Still, I think these shortages can only get worse. If Trump loses, there will be a rush to buy everything in sight before the gun grabbing starts. But if Trump wins, Antifa and BLM will ramp up the civil unrerst, and guns will fly off of the shelves. Either way, it's only going to get worse.
    I agree and disagree.
    The Hate Squads will continue their activities in the cities they're in now, but they'll learn VERY quickly that taking it to the 'burbs or rural areas will be bad for their long term health. So the inner city folks might continue to buy up, but I think the 'burb and rurals are approaching stocked up. I'd say late November or early December we see supplies coming back and prices at a slight premium over past norms; specifically I'll predict my benchmark ammo choices: 9mm at $10-$12/box for AE9AP and CCI 5200/5201. Sub $10 will appear for those if the Hate Squads are beaten down finally by police or citizens who've had enough.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I agree and disagree.
    The Hate Squads will continue their activities in the cities they're in now, but they'll learn VERY quickly that taking it to the 'burbs or rural areas will be bad for their long term health. So the inner city folks might continue to buy up, but I think the 'burb and rurals are approaching stocked up. I'd say late November or early December we see supplies coming back and prices at a slight premium over past norms; specifically I'll predict my benchmark ammo choices: 9mm at $10-$12/box for AE9AP and CCI 5200/5201. Sub $10 will appear for those if the Hate Squads are beaten down finally by police or citizens who've had enough.
    Nope. There's nothing to discourage Antifa and BLM from ramping up the violence. Mayors are cucks, Soros controls the DA's, police are laying back and retiring. It'll only get worse if Trump wins. There's no deterrence, no consequences.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    My neighbor is looking into ar pistols now. I got him on board the handgun train when 9mm shields were $200 but he had to get the ok for an ar from his wife. I*ve been looking at prices trying to help him out and am amazed by the difference a couple of months make. He ordered a kit from palmetto and a lower for about $520 total so not unreasonable overall compared to a few years ago and most of history but we have been spoiled in the age of Trump. He probably would have had the same package for around $400 or so before March 13th. He texted me asking if Palmettos metal mags were any good earlier tonight. $10.99 each. Before March 13th $6.99-$7.99 with free shipping if you got it at the right time. Ammo is where he will really be paying. I am giving him 100 rounds but that only gets you so far.

People have had years to stack it deep while it*s cheap, anyone who waited until now will be paying a premium on just about everything. But better now than never.
    The last few years I've been buying up those D&H mags from Palmetto when they went on sale for $5.99 and 6.99. I was buying them 10 at a time. They all have the magpul anti tilt follower in them. I don't even know how many mags I have. A lot of them are filled and ready to rumble. Up until a day or two ago Palmetto had M193 55gr fmj Federal for about 60 cents a round. I have no more room but I should have gotten another 500 rounds while they had them.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The last few years I've been buying up those D&H mags from Palmetto when they went on sale for $5.99 and 6.99. I was buying them 10 at a time. They all have the magpul anti tilt follower in them. I don't even know how many mags I have. A lot of them are filled and ready to rumble. Up until a day or two ago Palmetto had M193 55gr fmj Federal for about 60 cents a round. I have no more room but I should have gotten another 500 rounds while they had them.
    Same here, I counted them the other night just for shits and giggles. My son will be happy with his magazine inheritance when I die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast