Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Windsor Fish and Game. Anyone a member?

Looking to get away from the dreaded public ranges. Everytime I go there I always end up feeling unsafe at some point, plus its a little bit of a drive to get up there just to find out its filled up.

Windsor Fish and Game is close by, so Im wondering if theres any members here who could give some info.

Cant find any range rules or membership info online for them other than they hold meetings first of the month and vote on new members then.

Do I need a current member as a sponsor? Yearly dues? What kind of rule set do they have? Round limits or "rapid fire" restrictions? Can I set up my own targets (paper targets with an appropriate post? Steel?)? What kind of distances are pre set on the pistol and rifle ranges? How busy is it typically on weekday morning/early afternoon and on weekends?

Just whatever info I can get would be helpful.

Thanks

(York County)

Default Re: Windsor Fish and Game. Anyone a member?

There are some WFG members here. I used to be a member but I accidentally let my membership lapse and haven't had a chance yet to sign back up. I definitely would like to do so as I had no complaints there.

The way it worked before was you would show up at the monthly meeting listed on the site and fill out the application. I believe they did have a sponsor requirement but someone at the meeting did that for me. Some of this may be slightly off or even changed but I believe the yearly dues were about $40 with the initial year / application about twice that. I don't recall what the guest policy was (I think maybe limit of 1 guest per visit?) You can add a spouse or children for a small added fee. No mag round limits that I recall. I don't believe there was a "rapid fire" restriction per se but I from what I remember, full auto and .50 BMG were not permitted. They had target stands at 25 yds and then every 50 from 50-200. Paper would be perfect and steel as well, I think. The pistol range had steel and I think a minimum distance rule on steel targets.

It was rather quiet and I often had the range to myself. I think it gets busiest leading up to hunting seasons. That (and/or some of the above) may have changed since I was last there.

(York County)

Appreciate the info!

It says on the site that they hold meetings on the first Monday of the month, unless its a holiday, which, the first Monday of September is Labor Day, so I wanted to see if it was still being held or if its rescheduled or just cancelled this month. I tried for like 2 weeks on and off to get in contact with someone there. The phone rings with no answer (expected lol), and theres no email address or contact form on their site. I tried joining their Facebook group to get some info but was never approved. Finally I just contacted one of the people listed as an admin on their facebook group and he said they would be holding the meeting on the second Monday this month, so I plan on going then. Didnt get any other info.

But Im excited to get in there. Ive been going to the SGL range up in Dillsburg the last few years, which is like a 45 minute drive from where I am now, and it sucks to get up there to find out its packed so you gotta hang out to wait for someone to leave, or it is closed and it isnt posted online (which happened to me once, major bummer), not to mention all the safety "violations" that go on up there, or the round limits.

Nice and quite and empty is nothing but a dream up there lol. Ill go shooting a LOT more if I get in with WFG.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    Appreciate the info!

It says on the site that they hold meetings on the first Monday of the month, unless its a holiday, which, the first Monday of September is Labor Day, so I wanted to see if it was still being held or if its rescheduled or just cancelled this month. I tried for like 2 weeks on and off to get in contact with someone there. The phone rings with no answer (expected lol), and theres no email address or contact form on their site. I tried joining their Facebook group to get some info but was never approved. Finally I just contacted one of the people listed as an admin on their facebook group and he said they would be holding the meeting on the second Monday this month, so I plan on going then. Didnt get any other info.

But Im excited to get in there. Ive been going to the SGL range up in Dillsburg the last few years, which is like a 45 minute drive from where I am now, and it sucks to get up there to find out its packed so you gotta hang out to wait for someone to leave, or it is closed and it isnt posted online (which happened to me once, major bummer), not to mention all the safety "violations" that go on up there, or the round limits.

Nice and quite and empty is nothing but a dream up there lol. Ill go shooting a LOT more if I get in with WFG.
    Curious if you ever made it anywhere with this? I ended up joining IWLA last year, but I live minutes from Windsor Fish and Game. I was just thinking about this place again and I see their website is now down and their Facebook group is dead. The phone is just busy the last few times I have tried it.