Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Classified post deleted?

I had a classified ad regarding two AK-47s for sale in NEPA. It was online for a couple of weeks when I finally sold both yesterday. I had updated the ad yesterday afternoon to say the rifles had sold pending funds. When I came back to close my ad a few minutes ago, the post had disappeared. Any explanation as to why?
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Elk County)

Default Re: Classified post deleted?

Since you had marked the ad sold, I closed it and moved it to the classified archive.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Can we have the "classified" archive deleted?
    Asking for a paranoid friend

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Since you had marked the ad sold, I closed it and moved it to the classified archive.

Noah
    Thanks Noah. I wanted to clarify because sometimes I'll mark an ad with ***Sold pending funds*** only to have the buyer back out at the last moment. In that case, I would edit the ad again to reflect current sale status. Should something like that happen where the post gets archived before I have the opportunity to close it myself, could I request that it be reinstated?

Cheers,
    James

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    Thanks Noah. I wanted to clarify because sometimes I'll mark an ad with ***Sold pending funds*** only to have the buyer back out at the last moment. In that case, I would edit the ad again to reflect current sale status. Should something like that happen where the post gets archived before I have the opportunity to close it myself, could I request that it be reinstated?

Cheers,
    James

Sure.

N.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post

Cheers,
    James
    If an ad is marked SPF - we usually let them sit awhile. We all know how SPF works.. ...sometimes things fail through.

Those that have SOLD or CLOSE/CLOSED in the title - we generally move to archive when we are doing maintenance(which isn't always regularly).

We can move an ad back to the classified if requested. But it is probably easier and faster for you to just start a new ad.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Pike County)

Understood. Thank you both for clarifying.

(Jefferson County)

For clarity for "Maintenance" - there is no set schedule. Each staffer does what they feel like, as they feel like, to clean up the classifieds. There is no expectations of staff to do it, it is completely voluntarily.

I for example, will get a bug up my ass and go through all the pages of ads 2-4 times a year to migrate all that have been noted as [ CLOSED], or titles edited with sold, close/closed, or those over 1 year old without activity. Sometimes I'll move a marked ad when I just happen to look in there for something else.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    For clarity for "Maintenance" - there is no set schedule. Each staffer does what they feel like, as they feel like, to clean up the classifieds. There is no expectations of staff to do it, it is completely voluntarily.

I for example, will get a bug up my ass and go through all the pages of ads 2-4 times a year to migrate all that have been noted as [ CLOSED], or titles edited with sold, close/closed, or those over 1 year old without activity. Sometimes I'll move a marked ad when I just happen to look in there for something else.

Also for clarification I don't wait for a bug to crawl up my ass, I just close "sold" ads and move them to the archive as I stumble across them. I don't touch "SPF" ads, just the "SOLD" ads.

Noah