Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: a big reson for the ammo shortage is there are no lead smelters in us any more

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    You assume of course that Trump wins! And I dearly hope he does. But if Biden gets in, I don't think any of this gets better - only worse.
    I agree, new environmental rules etc. just to screw the gun owner , I can see it now .

Default Re: a big reson for the ammo shortage is there are no lead smelters in us any more

Just an FYI:

Listening to a MrGunsAndGears Q&A last night and I heard that all sellers taking "back orders" on ammunition with a specific time frame or date won't be filling them. Every major ammunition manufacturer in the US and the World with the exception of Russian manufactures canceled their 2020 contracts with all dealers and retailers. Apparently these contracts are made at shot show with dealers, retailers, big box, stores, and some mom and pop dealers/ local ranges.

The president of Federal said that he does not expect this ammo shortage to be done with until the 3rd quarter of 2021, assuming Trump gets re-elected.

Much if this is due to manufacturing stopping world wide due to the flu as well as increased buying because of the flu and civil unrest.

I’m sure DOD and world wide military contracts always come 1st.

Those selling off ammo to make a quick buck with the intentions of restocking in 6 months at lower prices need to rethink their decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    You assume of course that Trump wins! And I dearly hope he does. But if Biden gets in, I don't think any of this gets better - only worse.
    Trump wins AND the republicans retain the Senate

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    the lack of lead smelters is one big reason for the shortage . i think it is a national security issue we should ask the potus through that web site thing to fix this . depending on china for our lead supply is dangerous .
    You can thank Obammy for that one. He sent the EPA to cut lead smelting operations in the U.S., Forcing us to buy lead from outside the country.

(Allegheny County)

i have over a thousand pounds for my personel use. should last quite awhile.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    That is a stash for sure !

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    That is a stash for sure !
    Its a start, but when you think about it a thousand pounds if lead is about the size of a case of beer 😂

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I have about 3,500 pounds of range scrap in ingots, 7-800 pounds of pipe and shower pan *pure* and 200 pounds of monotype.

I*m not really looking anymore, but if something should fall at my feet... well, it doesn*t go bad.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I have about 3,500 pounds of range scrap in ingots, 7-800 pounds of pipe and shower pan *pure* and 200 pounds of monotype.

I*m not really looking anymore, but if something should fall at my feet... well, it doesn*t go bad.
    I know a guy that has 3600 lbs of range scrap and 900 lbs of kead pipe.
    His name is Mr. OneUp 😁

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post

If you two are willing to invest a small amount I could hook you guys up with my process for turning all that lead into gold.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast