Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Scammer "Antony"

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    You should know. You is the IT guru.

I have noticed when I was looking for a boat on craigs list the scammers had a womens name,color or 4 digit number in their email address.

So basically if a email address has letters or numbers it is a potential scam ?
    Recently on the Pittsburgh Craigslist, probably 75% of the for sale ads in ATV/UTV section is like that. Ridiculously low and too good to be true prices, and always have the same 5 or 6 pictures posted. And the description is rarely matching for the pictures posted.
    Sure I'd love to buy a 2017 Polaris side by side in mint condition for $1200. Dorothy@gmail sure has quite an inventory of low priced ATV's.. And quite a widespread network of different towns she sells from.😄

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I haven't gotten a warranty call since I tried to get their insurance for my '03 Corolla. She got really pissed when I pushed hard to get a policy for it too. In all honesty, that '03 is the newest car I own and I currently have four (five if you count that old van).
    i now throw the "This is an apology from Your power company" pitch at them.

warranty pitch at power company people.

being nasty stopped being fun. figure i'll try this.

i'll go back to vile in a month or so.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Westmoreland County)

I just tell them that my wife totaled the car last week and I'm getting a new one. I get less and less of these calls now. I think in the last 5 years my wife has totaled 35 cars....at least that's what they think.

(Jefferson County)

Sorry folks, that was my bad..

I review all new sign-ups. Sometimes one gets through.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    Recently on the Pittsburgh Craigslist, probably 75% of the for sale ads in ATV/UTV section is like that. Ridiculously low and too good to be true prices, and always have the same 5 or 6 pictures posted. And the description is rarely matching for the pictures posted.
    Sure I'd love to buy a 2017 Polaris side by side in mint condition for $1200. Dorothy@gmail sure has quite an inventory of low priced ATV's.. And quite a widespread network of different towns she sells from.��
    Craigslist's car/truck section is similar. The ones with email addresses across the picture are scams. They will claim to be of local, but the vehicle wont have a PA inspection stamp, or there are palm trees or live oaks in the background. ....yeah, that is local alright.

I report each and every ad that has email addresses on the pictures of the goods.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    I just tell them that my wife totaled the car last week and I'm getting a new one. I get less and less of these calls now. I think in the last 5 years my wife has totaled 35 cars....at least that's what they think.
    I stopped bothering to talk. I just hang up. Saves time and breath.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Berks County)

While I empathize with anyone who gets scammed and think that scammers should be hanged, I think that they're not hard to spot.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12