Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Ruger 10/22 garbage trigger, what to do?

My 10/22 trigger is garbage. If you've shot a 10/22 you know this.

I was thinking about buying a quality trigger pack for it. The Ruger BX25 is close to $100 and is reported to be a nice improvement but certainly not a wow improvement.

Then there is a Volquartsen HP Action Kit Plus which is around $140 and makes the trigger break at 2-2.5 pounds. It means disassembling the trigger pack and rebuilding it with the new parts. That doesn't scare me too much and I would love to hear from someone that has done it.

There is the Cadillac, the Volquartsen TG2000 trigger pack at $225.

And then there's the devil on shoulder screaming for me to clean it up myself. There are videos on what to do and I'm not a reckless sort when it comes to such work. The downside is that the best that can be achieved is getting it down to 4.5 pounds and smoothing it out. I hate doing all that just to be dissatisfied.

If anyone has found any other trigger packs that kick ass but don't cost as much as a new rifle, I'd like to hear about those as well.

Lastly, instead of rebuilding it to make it nice, suggestions on some used semi-auto .22s that are already where they need to be. If I recall correctly, the TC .22 semi-auto was a very nice rifle.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Default Re: Ruger 10/22 garbage trigger, what to do?

I just got a bx trigger from joebob outfitters ots definatly an improvement and good enough for my plinking/blasting. I'm not competing with it so no need for a more expensive trigger. I may still try to work the stock trigger till its useable. And waiting on the binary triggers to be instock.

(Bucks County)

I have the kidd trigger in mine. It is very nice. Not cheap. What kind of budget are you looking at?

-Zach

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I have the kidd trigger in mine. It is very nice. Not cheap. What kind of budget are you looking at?

-Zach
    I'm trying to keep it at a price point where buying a new rifle isn't a better deal. That's why the Volquartsen parts are appealing. So $150 give or take.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Westmoreland County)

I tried fixing mine, and it was better but still bleh......so I put a Kidd trigger kit ($100) in it. Now it*s super accurate. Makes 200 yard gong shots easy

(Armstrong County)

Norrell
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Clinton County)

BFSIII 22-C1
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I'm trying to keep it at a price point where buying a new rifle isn't a better deal. That's why the Volquartsen parts are appealing. So $150 give or take.
    Volquartsen and kidd both sell diy parts. I've not used Volquartsen's 10/22 kit, but i have their mark iii trigger/sear and it is very good. I have the kidd single stage trigger and it is also very good. I'm sure there are others on the market too.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Volquartsen and kidd both sell diy parts. I've not used Volquartsen's 10/22 kit, but i have their mark iii trigger/sear and it is very good. I have the kidd single stage trigger and it is also very good. I'm sure there are others on the market too.

-Zach
    Same here. The improvement in my MK III was well worth the money. They have a great reputation. I would buy Volquartsen with confidence.

(Northampton County)

Here is a link to the trigger I have. It is supposed to be a decent trigger but the downside is the safety sucks, but don't pull the trigger unless... I never have my finger on the trigger unless on a target anyway. Also the mag release cannot be taken out for something fun like an aftermarket mag release. I put it on my 10/22 build and am satisfied but may upgrade to a Kidd trigger when I can.

I also have a BX trigger I may sell at some point just sitting around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast