Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Guilty admissions of the most inflated purchase you've made so far

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I work at Walmart*, so I can't shame people now. I mean I CAN, but I think people heard it enough over the years, and Dick's lost money, so that makes me happy.

*I started working there before they went full-anti-gun

Oh yeah, FUCK DICK'S
    with an overpriced case of 5.56,
    packed in with a funnel and a tamper
    -
    green tips first!

whew...You had me worried for a minute.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Two airplanes.
    HOARDING!
    Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    $12 shipped - located in 15 seconds
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/uncle-mikes...UAAOSwzqFfJgXe

(it may not be the one you want though)
    I don't use eBay anymore. Too many issues.

-Zach

(Allegheny County)

I paid $699 for a CZ P-01. But it was the uncommon steel framed, safety only version from a contract overrun. It's a fucking brick. I don't really like it, but I probably won't be shooting it much or carrying it ever. Just too damn heavy. It's more of collector's piece than anything.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I paid $699 for a CZ P-01. But it was the uncommon steel framed, safety only version from a contract overrun. It's a fucking brick. I don't really like it, but I probably won't be shooting it much or carrying it ever. Just too damn heavy. It's more of collector's piece than anything.
    That's funny. Sounds like it's right up my alley.

New stove we waited 2 months for,Paid way too much for,but wife does not think so.Hope when I pass she does not sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them !

(Berks County)

Nothing that I can think of at the moment. I didn't retire at 57 by overpaying for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Two airplanes.
    Buying them is cheap, keeping them is where they real money is at. But since you've BTDT you already know, others might not.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lackawanna County)

A 2020 Sierra Denali Ultimate Edition was my last purchase that I probably didn’t need.

I regret nothing.

(Erie County)

The first car I purchased new from dealer in 1981. At age 21, I bought a 1981 280ZX and let them f-ck me real good. I learned and have been a PITA to every car salesman I have dealt with in the 40 years since. No buyers remorse since. I don't mind paying market prices for quality or convenience. But nothing worst than knowing you're getting f'd.

I paid retail for my S&W 325TR. I'd been looking for one for years. Had come across a used one a couple years before and passed on it to buy a Mini-14 in 6.8SPC. When I saw a new one in the wild at my LGS, I changed my plan to buy an FN FiveseveN that day to getting the 325 instead. The 325TR was more than the FiveseveN...

Fast forward 10 years, I still have the 325TR, but after the first few years of competition use, it became problematic. It's been back to S&W, but they still haven't been able to fix the light strike issue. I got further along than they did with a longer firing pin and tightening the strain screw, but it still won't run 100% with every ammo like it used to.

I still like the gun, so I have no plans to get rid of it. Even if I did, I'd lose my shirt (and trust me, no one wants to see that).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast