Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Long Range 30-06 setups

Ok.. I do appreciate your candor. Though I*m not referring to ones perception. The magazine advantage, as you refer to, is simply more rounds at ones disposal. There is no counteracting that characteristic with a clip fed, top loader. But to my point of wanting a Garand for the sake of.... Yes! I do understand that. And although I am not a collector, I still appreciate the M1 for its history & technological advancement for its day. What I do not understand is the thought of something gained from an 16* version in 308. It seems to me that ALL the collectibility & appreciation of the historic is lost through such a weapon. And as a shooter, it would not rank even to the least expensive AR10. Let alone to a new Springfield M1A.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Long Range 30-06 setups

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    It is quite a nice looking piece. I don*t think there is anything wrong with what you did. Shows a fondness for the rifle & history surrounding it.

Although I do question your wanting an M1 *Tanker* Garand? And in 308 no less? I get wanting a Garand. I did when I was a young boy. I soon realized I am no collector.

Don*t get me wrong....Everyone should be applauded for their personal choices. My questioning is absolutely sincere. I simply can not figure out what, if any qualities a shorter barreled, 8 shot semi automatic 308 would possibly possess? Why not an M1A Socom? Higher round count, and considerable cost savings....not to mention likely better accuracy.
    Well This from Duke
    When you get used to the enblocs the magazine advantage fades from your mind.
    One can get damned fast with enblocs since one is only feeding , never removing an empty mag, I have owned an M1A and an FAL ,currently a newbie in the AR-10 genre. pick up and hold / carry a loaded Garand with just your right hand , the center of ballance is right where the M1A's mag will be.

Then close your eyes and shoulder the rifle, the sights will be in near perfect alignment when you open your eyes, the ergonomics,ballance and general fit of the rifle I have found to be unmatched by anything modern, Ahem ..."pistol gripped" long arm

The Tanker...well just because they are cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12