Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Observations from the range tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    I bought my wife an SR22. I really like it, but it seems to not cycle on cheap stuff. CCI stuff seems to work great, so I stick with that.
    Really? I feed mine mixed bulk ammo. No issues. The slide stop is progressively eroding. I figure when it no longer works at all, maybe I'll look into those magazine extensions that disable the last round hold open. Won't matter then.

-Zach

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Really? I feed mine mixed bulk ammo. No issues. The slide stop is progressively eroding. I figure when it no longer works at all, maybe I'll look into those magazine extensions that disable the last round hold open. Won't matter then.
    Funny enough, I've also read that they are hit or miss in this regard.

(Montgomery County)

I got a Galloway precision guide rod & spring for the SR22 and it improves reliability a good bit. Was fine before but almost never chokes now.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I got a Galloway precision guide rod & spring for the SR22 and it improves reliability a good bit. Was fine before but almost never chokes now.
    I have an aftermarket guide rod and spring. Not sure if it is Galloway or tandemkros. I haven't put it in yet. I've had zero issues so it hasn't been pressing.

-Zach

I had hit or miss experiences with my SR 22. Sold it a while back and regret it, but there was some ammo it didn't like
    I particularly remember it not liking lead nose stuff, like some Eley I had, but was fine with copper plated stuff

(Bucks County)

It has been a while since I've updated this.

I've been going to the range once every few weeks. Ammo prices and availability.

With zero regrets i sold the previously mentioned SR22.

I took a new 10/22 takedown in a Magpul hunter backpackers stock out to sight in the Holosun with ACSS reticle.

1. The Ruger BX trigger pack is awesome! I have a Kidd trigger in my non takedown and it is good. But it is more than double the cost. I had zero malfunctions and all of my old Walmart ammo shot just fine.

2. The backpacker stock is also very good. But what was Magpul thinking? They charge you extra for the sling swivel 'kit' (which i did not buy) and there is no mounting point for a bipod.

3. Holosun makes great optics. I can see the appeal of the ACSS reticle. But a red dot with that much going on is basically useless. I have the red dot on the barrel and the little dots for distancing are just all so close together. If i had the red dot further back at the receiver, it might help. But i would not get that again.

4. I said it before and it still holds true, the maglula loader for the 10/22 is great! 10/22 magazines are not hard to load, but it does speed things up and kept my hands much cleaner.

-Zach

(Susquehanna County)

zachomega sez "1: Glock style magazines are not Glock magazines. Saw a guy shooting a pc carbine and he was having some hiccups with the magazine. That said, he was killing it at 25 yards with the open sights."

Yepper! PCC has taken over my club Hybrid USPA/IDPA/Action Pistol matches. Handgunners are a distinct minority and I was the only one shooting a revolver. But the real story was the number of guys using the Ruger PCC it was in fact a majority of shooters. BUT of them all who used Glock clone magazines struggled to keep the magazines locked in and feeding their carbines! The guys using genuine Glock mags had no problem!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234