Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Columbia County)

Default Heckler and Koch New and Improved H&K SP5K PDW

Did H&K just pull a fast one on its past customers of the H&K SP5K? H&K put that firearm out on the market in 2018 or so after a long absence since the 90s. They recently took it back off the market and came out with the SP5. Now they are back with the H&K SP5K- PDW.

https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/sp5k-pdw/

Unlike the prior version this one provides a paddle mag release and a threaded three lug barrel. The original SP5K did not have those features. It has a MSRP of $2799.00 With the buying panic it will likely be that price or higher.

The article below has some more details with some videos on the link.

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/08/05...s-new-sp5k-pdw

Heckler & Koch released the civilian approved, semi-auto SP5 in late 2019 and the German-based company is back at it with a new release, giving fans more to drool over with the SP5K-PDW.

Based on the company's much-loved MP5 and MP5K platform -- the SP5K-PDW brings a slim and trim design with a 5.83-inch barrel and 13.8-inch overall length. Weighing in at 4.2-pounds, the 9mm platform sports all the best features of the MP5 and SP5, including a roller-delayed blowback system, three-lug barrel for suppressor attachment, and paddle magazine release. Even better, H&K says the PDW also offers compatibility with MP5 stocks and supports 10-, 15-, and 30-round mags.

"This high level of quality and workmanship is a result of making civilian SP5 variants in the same factory, on the same lines, and by the same workforce that has been making MP5s for years," the company said.

MP5 Uber Fanboi James Reeves over at TFB, recently got his hands on one and poured his soul into a 20-minute review of it. It's worth watching if you are interested in the SP5K-PDW.

The SP5K-PDW is said to be shipping soon to dealers with an MSRP of $2,799. Worth noting, spare mags will run around $80.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; August 9th, 2020 at 12:22 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Heckler and Koch New and Improved H&K SP5K PDW

I wonder why those two popular features wasn't made included on the previous model?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I wonder why those two popular features wasn't made included on the previous model?
    I read that the last batch of the old style SP5K had a paddle magazine release block in them where an owner couldn't even install the aftermarket paddle mag release.
    Here is a link with photos of the modification.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...lease-fyi.html

(Montgomery County)

I doubt they can keep up with demand at 10% over msrp.

(Berks County)

I'm on a waiting list at one dealer. Third in line. Only one I called that was taking names.

Even the older SP5K with the block can be modified fairly easily for the paddle release.

These will be on allocation just like the SP5's. Demand will be high. Online dealers will list them for $3k and the 'must have' crowd will pay it. People with more money than sense will pay $3500 on Gunbroker. I'll stay on the list and maybe get on a couple more if possible, but I'm not paying over MSRP. That's what I did for my SP5 and got if for $2499. Took a month or two, but that's fine with me.

(Montgomery County)

I*ll pay msrp but not over it. Like you said just takes time. Likely after election and if trump wins.