Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Preps, the Plandemic and your peeps

I've been preparing mildly since the Y2K scare, then my wife's boss gave me the book How to Survive TEOTWAWKI, by James Wesley, Rawles in 2012. After reading the book and others by JW,R along with One Second After, by William Forstchen, I got somewhat more serious about being prepared for disasters. At first my wife was a little resistant to the upgrades in preps but eventually came around to accepting my efforts. Since the ChiComs unleashed the Wu Kung Flu on us, she has certainly appreciated the fact that we have had a fairly stress free ride throughout.

I mention all of the above to ask how your wife, husband or significant other(s) responded to your preparedness pre-plandemic and now. Have your peeps all seen the light of day or are you still struggling to get them to open their eyes?

I also mentioned the two books in the opening paragraph, hoping you will purchase and read them along with others, for your own benefit. I also highly recommend the FOXFIRE book series.

Default Re: Preps, the Plandemic and your peeps

No issues here. The other half was always on board and has also appreciated how little our life was changed by the scamdemic.

I don't urge anyone directly to plan for anything anymore. I've warned for years. I'm done warning and busy doing and watching.

That said there is something in the air, and it's not covid-19, and it's not going away anytime soon.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    No issues here. The other half was always on board and has also appreciated how little our life was changed by the scamdemic.

I don't urge anyone directly to plan for anything anymore. I've warned for years. I'm done warning and busy doing and watching.

That said there is something in the air, and it's not covid-19, and it's not going away anytime soon.
    Yes 10 years ago on this very forum. all those tin foil conspiracy theories, are now in 2020 about to become reality.
    I hope everyone IS prepared.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Elk County)

. . . That said there is something in the air, and it's not covid-19, and it's not going away anytime soon.
    That's probably me. I had Thai for supper last night and there were consequences. Sorry.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    That's probably me. I had Thai for supper last night and there were consequences. Sorry.

Noah
    Probably all that Straub you washed it down with.

(Berks County)

I'm warped and figure I'll survive with what little prep I have going on. Large freezer well stocked with food, swimming pool out back and rivers and streams around to fulfill those needs. Guns and ammo to shoot what needs shot and a couple of cats I can eat as a last resort. Oh, and two 180 gal tanks full of fuel. All I hear is the thankfulness for the ability to shoot any peaceful protesters that might come this way.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

I'm also done trying to convince other people to prep. If you haven't figured it out by now...

My favorite is when people say, 'we're coming to your house, when the SHTF"

No. No you're not.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm warped and figure I'll survive with what little prep I have going on. Large freezer well stocked with food, swimming pool out back and rivers and streams around to fulfill those needs. Guns and ammo to shoot what needs shot and a couple of cats I can eat as a last resort. Oh, and two 180 gal tanks full of fuel. All I hear is the thankfulness for the ability to shoot any peaceful protesters that might come this way.
    I prep for my cat... Extra food and litter on hand.

One second after is a great book. The others in the series not as much.

(Beaver County)

We've also been prepping since Y2K. The kids were still at home then. We've still got the grain mill, stocked pantry, still use the water filter (Beaver Falls water, yech!), still keep the medical kits updated, still practice marksmanship "just in case". It just became a life-style.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

(Delaware County)

I read Fernando Aguirre's Surviving the Economic Collapse. He writes about his experience when the Argentine govt. just packed their bags with US dollars and skipped town in 2001. This was not theory, it actually happened. Life was tough for the people who remained. The banks only allowed $60 a week withdrawals while the cost of supplies went through the roof. He made an interesting observation that using gold coins was almost an invitation to be followed after getting supplies and then getting knocked over by gangs; the recommendation was to use gold chain instead. It was an eye opener. Then Katrina hit and I became a more serious prepper. My kids thought I was nuts, but my wife decided I may not be so stupid after all. Now one of my sons lives in the PRNYC and has come to understand a bit better.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast