Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Preps, the Plandemic and your peeps

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I Guns and ammo to shoot what needs shot and a couple of cats I can eat as a last resort..

PETA is going to visit you

Do cats taste like chicken? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Probably all that Straub you washed it down with.
    That's the only thing to wash it down with! Nothing beats a Straub fart!
    ΑΣΦ

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlytrap View Post
    PETA is going to visit you

Do cats taste like chicken? Anyone?
    I doubt it. No experience though, that I'm aware of.

(York County)

I worry about my family. My folks are elderly, need life sustaining medication and live in rural Virginia. My wife's parents live in rural NY but are much healthier. We are closest family to the in-laws whereas my folks have support within 50 miles.

I've tried to have a serious discussion about the different scenarios with other family but it seems nobody wants to talk about it. They keep making stupid jokes or think I'm talking about being a prepper like they see on the History channel.

(Berks County)

I can't understand this need that people have to perpetually extend life at all costs and under any conditions. We're all born, we're here for a while, then we die, it's inevitable. Why do people feel the need to extend someone's low quality life for a year at an astronomical cost? When I can't have fun anymore just leave me go, help me get there even.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

I can't understand this need that people have to perpetually extend life at all costs and under any conditions. We're all born, we're here for a while, then we die, it's inevitable. Why do people feel the need to extend someone's low quality life for a year at an astronomical cost? When I can't have fun anymore just leave me go, help me get there even.
    While I don't necessarily disagree, when you're facing your own mortality you will probably think differently. It's just human psychology - the strongest instinct is the will to live and it's built into everyone whether they realize it consciously or not. Humans (and other animals) can and have endured some absolutely terrible shit and they keep on living and wanting to live. It's actually astonishing how resilient yet fragile a person is.

(York County)

I don't know if you were referring to my post but if you were then here's my response:

My folks don't live a "low quality life". They golf, attend concerts, maintain their property and live an otherwise independent life.

The "life sustaining drugs" I was referring to were generic versions of either insulin or blood pressure medication. Without it they would die within months. But with it at current prices of less than $40 per month it's manageable.

Are you arguing that no medication should be given ever and let Darwin run it's course?

My point in my post was that if something severe were to happen to the supply chain in those generic drugs they would be not survive. More so, I was trying to have a discussion how to prioritize family support vs my inlaws who are healthy (but little support) or my parents who have better support but would probably need more help with surviving a loss in their medical supply chain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_jim View Post
    I don't know if you were referring to my post but if you were then here's my response:

My folks don't live a "low quality life". They golf, attend concerts, maintain their property and live an otherwise independent life.

The "life sustaining drugs" I was referring to were generic versions of either insulin or blood pressure medication. Without it they would die within months. But with it at current prices of less than $40 per month it's manageable.

Are you arguing that no medication should be given ever and let Darwin run it's course?

My point in my post was that if something severe were to happen to the supply chain in those generic drugs they would be not survive. More so, I was trying to have a discussion how to prioritize family support vs my inlaws who are healthy (but little support) or my parents who have better support but would probably need more help with surviving a loss in their medical supply chain.
    Not in direct response to your post but your post made me think about it. Every day people complain about the high cost of health care and then I often hear stories of how people are kept alive one more year at huge costs. Divide the cost of that one year by the number of years that they worked and you have the cost per month of their working life for just that one event.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12