Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Please clarify a rule and FINE I heard about for PA gamelands shooting ranges.

At the french creek range, I once saw a guy walking down to hang a target while the rest of the firing line was ACTIVE. Somebody finally noticed and called a cease fire, and a couple of people started yelling at the dude. His response was something like "if you can't keep your shots on your target, then you shouldn't be here!" Words of wisdom from an organ donor.....

(Berks County)

Default Re: Please clarify a rule and FINE I heard about for PA gamelands shooting ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    You just need to join the right range where people leave you alone and there are no RSO's hassling you about rapid fire, or quick drawing, or using NFA items, etc.

Just saying.
    Know of one on the east side?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    At the french creek range, I once saw a guy walking down to hang a target while the rest of the firing line was ACTIVE. Somebody finally noticed and called a cease fire, and a couple of people started yelling at the dude. His response was something like "if you can't keep your shots on your target, then you shouldn't be here!" Words of wisdom from an organ donor.....
    Probably was munching on crayons too long.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Know of one on the east side?

University? I hear good things....

Same trip, on the rifle side, me and a couple other guys walked down to put some targets up, when I turned back around, a guy was sitting on the bench with his rifle shouldered looking down the scope. What kind of shit is that? Im no range rule nazi, but nothing makes you feel more uncomfortable, or even scared, than seeing a gun in someones hand, pointed in your direction.

I saw this happen at the Wexford Range. During cease fire, guy picks up the rifle and looks at the target when his girlfriend is going down range to hang a new one. I said to him and loud enough that she could hear, You must not lover her very much! When she turned and saw the muzzle end of the rifle, her face turned white. He pissed and moaned about he rifle not being loaded, still, I don't think he got laid that night.

I don't know if it is here yet, but here is the PA Code relating to PAGC ranges

http://www.pacodeandbulletin.gov/Dis....html&d=reduce

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by X Hunter View Post
    Same trip, on the rifle side, me and a couple other guys walked down to put some targets up, when I turned back around, a guy was sitting on the bench with his rifle shouldered looking down the scope. What kind of shit is that? Im no range rule nazi, but nothing makes you feel more uncomfortable, or even scared, than seeing a gun in someones hand, pointed in your direction.

I saw this happen at the Wexford Range. During cease fire, guy picks up the rifle and looks at the target when his girlfriend is going down range to hang a new one. I said to him and loud enough that she could hear, You must not lover her very much! When she turned and saw the muzzle end of the rifle, her face turned white. He pissed and moaned about he rifle not being loaded, still, I don't think he got laid that night.
    Its crazy, right? When you say something, YOURE the asshole for calling him out. "Calm down, its not loaded/fingers not on the trigger/I know how to handle guns/I know what Im doing". They get mad at you, like how dare you try to correct me.

I hate the public range lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234