Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Please clarify a rule and FINE I heard about for PA gamelands shooting ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by timk225 View Post
    ... and having to talk to the other members, I'm a bit antisocial like that. ...
    You just need to join the right range where people leave you alone and there are no RSO's hassling you about rapid fire, or quick drawing, or using NFA items, etc.

Just saying.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Erie County)

Default Re: Please clarify a rule and FINE I heard about for PA gamelands shooting ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    It*s 6rds in a rifle and 6rds in a pistol. I thought fine was $100rd over limit but I could be wrong
    Correct. This was changed a couple of years ago, to 6 rounds for both handguns and long guns. I believe you are correct about the fine. But it is for each occurrence, I believe. So... if a WCO is lurking in the woods, and watches you fire three 10 round magazines, it would be a $300 fine.

However, there is a $1000 fine for presenting a counterfeit range permit to a warden who asks to see your permit.

I stopped going to gamelands range after two very troubling incidents. Both times, someone arrived and started firing while I was downrange. I now belong to a great club, which costs less than a hunting license each year.
    Last edited by SevenMilePete; August 8th, 2020 at 03:04 PM.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    You just need to join the right range where people leave you alone and there are no RSO's hassling you about rapid fire, or quick drawing, or using NFA items, etc.

Just saying.
    Definitely this - I've been a member of the Evans City Sportsmans Club for a while now, the grounds are fantastic. Spaced out, good size pistol and rifle ranges, and the best part is 95% of the time I'm there it's dead. Obviously the other 5% is during hunting season when everyone else is there. But I can pretty much go any time and not really bump into anyone.
    -Brandon

(Columbia County)

The problems with gun clubs today is joining. Some require the secret hand shake via sponsor, probationary periods where the sponsor could be held liable for whatever the probationary member did. Another is ridiculous rules; magazines limits, time between shots, no NFA in other words a fudd playground.
    Also even if you do have a sponsor some clubs are fill to capacity and aren't taking any new members.

(Allegheny County)

The limits are in place because people are pieces of shit and can not be trusted.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    The limits are in place because people are pieces of shit and can not be trusted.

Especially at state ranges.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Especially at state ranges.
    Sad but true.

(Washington County)

Same thought process used justify gun control and plenty of other losses of our freedom as well.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Same thought process used justify gun control and plenty of other losses of our freedom as well.
    If you ever spent any time at the wexford range a few years ago you would agree with me.

(Berks County)

On top of it I'm thinking that those ranges are on game lands and are for hunters to practice on. Not for hillbillies to go act like drunken sailors with their full semi-automatics and things that go up with 50 clip mags. Who wants to get serious with sighting in while all that's going on?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast