Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Compact and subcompact 9mm hammer fired pistols

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Apparently i need to spend more time on the cz site tonight. The rail isn't a deal breaker. But a heavy steel frame isn't either. It'll be nice to actually get to hold some of these things. Who knows when that will be.

-Zach
    Kings shooter supply usually has CZs in stock.
    Not sure with the current plandemic though.

The Sar Cm9 gen2 is a very nice gun(i own one currently), but youd probably prefer the Sar B6C compact. They are very much worth their pennies. Turkish service pistols.

I was a hammer only guy as well for the longest time. Had to buy another striker for a pocket carry, the kahr cm9. Hated the staplegun feel of shooting it. Bought a Sig p365 and fell in love.
    If you havent shot one yet, you definitely need to try one out.
    They have an XL model for those with big ole meat mitts too. 10x 12x or 15x round mags available.
    Slides precut for red dot depending on the model.
    No snag rail for light or laser.
    Oh and they all come with tritium night sights stock.
    Last edited by icp4life162005; August 7th, 2020 at 07:32 AM.

(Bucks County)

Called around today and found a used cz75d compact. I jumped on it.

Traded in a gen 3 Glock 17 that I had bought from the same store last last year for 6$ more than i had purchased it. Grand total with a galco iwb holster was 185$. Looks like it should do the trick nicely.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

Traded in a gen 3 Glock 17 that I had bought from the same store last last year for 6$ more than i had purchased it. Grand total with a galco iwb holster was 185$. Looks like it should do the trick nicely.

-Zach

Nice!!!

There yah go!
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Lehigh County)

Congrats!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    If you ever end up on this side of the state, you're welcome to try it. If you want to imagine the feel, just pretend that your first shot has an almost weightless take up with the same length of the DA pull, with the wall, break, and reset of SA. Because LEM decouples the hammer weight from trigger pull (for the most part), it actually comes with a heavier hammer spring to ensure extra reliable primer indentation.
    I just went ahead and got the LEM kit and installed it yesterday with the help of good ol' YouTube. I kept the original hammer spring as the video maker recommended but now I need to take it out and see how shoots. That hammer spring is easy to swap out if it doesn't function properly.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

-Zach
    A correction. I did get a cz75d pcr. And not the 75d compact. Frame is definitely aluminum alloy. It is relatively lightweight. The box doesn't say pcr anywhere on it nor does the frame or slide. But again, the aluminum frame with no rail is a giveaway. And the guy in the phone said it was a pcr when I called as well.

-Zach

(Lehigh County)

Welcome to the PCR family!

(Bucks County)

A correction. I did get a cz75d pcr. And not the 75d compact. Frame is definitely aluminum alloy. It is relatively lightweight. The box doesn't say pcr anywhere on it nor does the frame or slide. But again, the aluminum frame with no rail is a giveaway. And the guy in the phone said it was a pcr when I called as well.

-Zach
    Nice choice. Although I prefer a steel frame and a safety over the PA Health Secretary model.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Nice choice. Although I prefer a steel frame and a safety over the PA Health Secretary model.
    Steel frame would be added weight i don't want. My Beretta 92 has an aluminum frame and given me zero issues. For that matter ar15's are aluminum. So if strength is your reason, fear not. Carrying around a heavy gun is no fun.

As for the safety, the cz75 has a cocked and locked safety. I'll take the decocker over that. The double action trigger pull is plenty long and heavy enough to not worry about a negligent discharge.

Unless of course you are saying you prefer a different gun entirely and I'm just not picking up on the subtlety.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

Steel frame would be added weight i don't want. My Beretta 92 has an aluminum frame and given me zero issues. For that matter ar15's are aluminum. So if strength is your reason, fear not. Carrying around a heavy gun is no fun.

As for the safety, the cz75 has a cocked and locked safety. I'll take the decocker over that. The double action trigger pull is plenty long and heavy enough to not worry about a negligent discharge.

Unless of course you are saying you prefer a different gun entirely and I'm just not picking up on the subtlety.

-Zach
    I don't mind the extra weight. Less recoil for better follow up shots.

I don't think that 5 oz is really that much difference but I can see the argument for a lighter EDC gun.

Steel might not be "stronger" but it's a lot less brittle, and it certainly isn't weaker. Some alloy frame pistols have cracking issues after a few thousand rounds.

There's nothing really wrong with alloy framed pistols. Heck, I have a few. I just prefer steel. I even prefer hammer forged over cast. I like strong, overbuilt things. (Don't tell my wife I said that)

She has a .40 RAMI and it is a bit snappy. It's not harsh or uncontrollable, it just has some kick to it. It would be a lot nicer to shoot with a steel frame IMO.

As far as decockers go, I've never been a fan. Again, it's just a personal preference thing.

There is no right or wrong. Not everyone understands the Riddle of Steel. I recommend praying to Krom, and contemplating it on the Tree of Woe.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast