Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default FFL Transfer from Multiple Parties

Usually FFLs will give you a discount for the 2nd firearm transferred - I.e. $25 for the first and $15 for each after that.

What if the items are received from two separate parties - perhaps one being a private seller in-person? Does the 4473 have provisions from saying which item comes from which party?

EDIT - I'm thinking the 4473 just lists which items are being transferred, and then the FFL logs each item into his book and this lists where they're coming from.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: FFL Transfer from Multiple Parties

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Usually FFLs will give you a discount for the 2nd firearm transferred - I.e. $25 for the first and $15 for each after that.

What if the items are received from two separate parties - perhaps one being a private seller in-person? Does the 4473 have provisions from saying which item comes from which party?

EDIT - I'm thinking the 4473 just lists which items are being transferred, and then the FFL logs each item into his book and this lists where they're coming from.
    I don't think there are any usuals. Some FFLs factor the transfer into their costs, some charge one price for one to infinite find transferred, and others charge a fixed rate for each firearm. I've experienced all of those situations from local FFLs. Call the FFL you want to work with and ask for their policies.

-Zach

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Not an FFL, but I am sure it would be the other way around: the FFL logs in each item into the AD book with the source info, THEN you and he fill out the 4473 and the PICS, then the items are logged out of the book.

(Washington County)

1: No.

2: Correct.

Note: Now if it's a non-taxed handgun transfer, then the PA Record of Sales Form does have this information added.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    1: No.

2: Correct.

Note: Now if it's a non-taxed handgun transfer, then the PA Record of Sales Form does have this information added.
    Make sense! Thanks

(Centre County)

There is a block (#32) on the 4473 that can be checked. "Check if this transaction is to facilitate a private party transfer" The FFL can then note that in the disposition notes in the bound book that it was a face to face transfer.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Monroe County)

Maybe. If they were all lowers from one dist...yes have before.
    Depends on how big of a pain and if your a reg cust.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff