Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gun Sales by end of July 2020

I'd ammo is the new TP, guns a close second. Have tried ordering ammo online only later to get the order cancelled. Only thing local is cheap frangible 9mm at the range. Have a few nicer boxes, but nothing that will last a while. Cheaper handguns and ARs it seems like. But nicer ARs still seem to be around.

(Bucks County)

Source 1210 am radio this morning, per host Dom Giordano. Also...

https://www.mediaite.com/news/gun-sa...d-all-of-2019/

Gun Sales Smash July Record, 2020 Sales Already Exceed All of 2019
    By Rudy Takala Aug 3rd, 2020, 1:36 pm

Gun sales surged in July to an all-time record for the month, according to data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and industry forecasters, with Americans purchasing an estimated total of 2 million new firearms. Gun manufacturers are struggling to keep up.

*The incredible surge in demand outstripped our production capacity, * Sturm, Ruger and Co. CEO Christopher Killoy told investors on a Thursday earnings call on Thursday. He said it was the *strongest level of demand* he had seen in 30 years and that it *has impacted all levels of the channel and the impact on inventory at all levels.*

More than 3.6 million background checks were processed through the FBI*s NICS database in July, nearly doubling last July*s high of 2 million. The number of checks are an indicator of how many guns are sold, though the correlation isn*t precise. Licensed dealers are required to run a check in the database every time they make a sale. Checks are also processed when individuals seek a license to carry a firearm.

The industry group Small Arms Analytics & Forecasting said the 2 million firearms sold in July represented a sales increase of 134.6 percent compared to July 2019. Handguns accounted for 1.2 million * or 60 percent * of sales, while long-gun sales accounted for 600,000 transactions.

*Our estimates suggest that the market for the first seven months of 2020 now has nearly matched that of the entire year of 2019,* said Jurgen Brauer, the firm*s chief economist.

Gun sales routinely hit new records during President Barack Obama*s tenure in office, when Americans feared his administration would crack down on gun rights. Sales declined briefly after President Donald Trump took office, but have surged especially in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and nationwide uprisings related to George Floyd*s death in May.
    Last edited by Bang; August 4th, 2020 at 04:31 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Centre County)

Just FYI, PSP PICS is running an average of 1200-1400 checks per day since the start of the "pseudopandemic". This was confirmed by a PICS supervisor I was talking to when I was having a problem that I needed to talk to them about. The PICS office, from the start was always fully staffed and she said that they even caught some convicted felons try to "work" the system, maybe thinking that they could squeeze through because of the numbers. Well, they got caught.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Today's Wall Street Journal did a piece on guns re July et cetera. New gun buyers...40% are women, 58% are black. Uh, Black. No mention of percent of binaries.
    Last edited by Bang; August 6th, 2020 at 12:00 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

just waited 1 hour and 45 minutes for a check last weekend. Saturday afternoon. Definitely going early in the morning when I go to pick up a few more things next week.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12