Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Body Armor for Potential Unrest?

My plan is to not be in the front of the pack
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Watch the video above, they can typically take multiple hits. While its not advised, but its also not good to get shot in general.
    I watched it and was impressed with how many rounds it took before one penetrated. It even looks like it may have stopped the first three rounds of the final barrage of 556. I base that on it being the fourth round before you started to see dirt and dust flying from the inside of the cardboard box.

Anyway, I understand that. My concern was would you continue to wear(rely on) a plate that had been hit going forward. The military expects at the end of the day to replace that plate, but a civilian, if that*s their only plate, would have to strap it back on the next day, and the day after that, etc. I mean, if we are wearing bulletproof plates, and taking a rounds, we*re in a war and would need continued protection on future days.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Delaware County)

I did a group buy with these guys some years back. They are backed up as well, but do offer some product lines with shorter waits.

I have some of their steel plates with the protective coating. Heavy, but I don't plan on using them outside of my domain...If I have to use them, it will be to protect our homestead.

https://www.spartanarmorsystems.com/...mor-level-iii/

https://www.spartanarmorsystems.com/...tactical-gear/

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    I watched it and was impressed with how many rounds it took before one penetrated. It even looks like it may have stopped the first three rounds of the final barrage of 556. I base that on it being the fourth round before you started to see dirt and dust flying from the inside of the cardboard box.

Anyway, I understand that. My concern was would you continue to wear(rely on) a plate that had been hit going forward. The military expects at the end of the day to replace that plate, but a civilian, if that*s their only plate, would have to strap it back on the next day, and the day after that, etc. I mean, if we are wearing bulletproof plates, and taking a rounds, we*re in a war and would need continued protection on future days.
    Two is one, one is none. With the price of armor plates, two sets is pretty affordable. If you're getting shot everyday, you're probably doing something wrong. I think a much more likely scenario would be a home invasion/burglar that gets the drop on you but you survive the initial hits due to your armor and you're able to neutralize the threat. Having a readily available replacement would be prudent.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Why two threads?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Why two threads?
    Merged my good man.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Wyoming County)

I need something for my groin area. Only half joking
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Why two threads?
    Two is one and one is none.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Two is one and one is none.
    LMFAO

I bought my new setup after the Virgina Rally based on a slick setup I saw. It is based on the Ferro Concepts "slickster" because all the junk on the front comes off and you can have extra mags in the cumberbund which then discreetly hides under a jacket. Or you can "kit it up."

I use AR500 III+ plates with the front being multi curve shooters cut and both have anti spawl coating. I feel no need to "upgrade" to others right now.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Looking for reliable body armor

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I wanna sell my heavy ass lvl 3 steel plates and replace them with lvl 3+ or preferably lvl 4 hard plates, paired with a 3a soft vest/plate carrier.

Post up any great deals on ceramic or UHDP
    La police gear level3s..Mr Gunsandgear did a YouTube video on them.... I have 2 sets for 2 different plate carriers.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast