Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Looking for reliable body armor

You may also want to get a weighted vest and start walking around with it on or using a treadmill if you plan on wearing hard armor. You don*t want to die from a heart attack in the middle of the boogaloo ��
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Lancaster County)

There are no NIJ cert'd steel plate armor, do yourself a favor and don't do it. Furthermore, any round moving above 3000fps is gonna zip on right thru steel.

Ceramic level 4 NIJ cert'd stuff is just as cheap as steel these days and doesn't require truck bed coating to maybe prevent your neck from taking a shit ton of frag.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    You may also want to get a weighted vest and start walking around with it on or using a treadmill if you plan on wearing hard armor. You don*t want to die from a heart attack in the middle of the boogaloo **
    Whether a 3A or 3 i sweat like a pig in it.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Wassa madda, feeling vulnerable after losing all that wt?
    Lol. Losing the weight makes the decision to buy easier than before. I would have had a harder time trying to get a vest to fit right at my previous size.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Has anyone had a experience with using Armorcore body armor?

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Whether a 3A or 3 i sweat like a pig in it.
    sing it.
    nothing worse than starting a day by throwing a wet smelly vest on that failed to dry from the prior shift and of course not enough time to strip, wipe, launder and reassemble between.
    well, i guess starting without coffee is worse. in a few hours you're in a wet sweaty smelly vest either way. but no coffee will fuck your whole day up.
    Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    You may also want to get a weighted vest and start walking around with it on or using a treadmill if you plan on wearing hard armor. You don*t want to die from a heart attack in the middle of the boogaloo **
    or save the $ and do the exercise in the vest you plan to wear.
    shoulder weight starts to bother your spine after a while, recommend back exercises to strengthen those muscles up.

was hoping when we switched from concealed(undershirt, vest, overshirt) to those outer covers you shove the vest in(undershirt, overshirt, cover with vest sandwiched in) that it'd provide more air space and cooling since the vest isn't compression strapped against your body as tightly, but it hasn't.
    anyone have experience with those vest cooling layers of various hollow or corrugated materials?
    Last edited by fallenleader; August 1st, 2020 at 09:07 PM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Washington County)

I use the GH Armor Systems undershirt Ethos IIIA body armor. It's lightweight, soft, reasonably comfortable, but decided just this week to upgrade to an external vest with level III rifle plates due to the craziness.

https://safariland.amplifi.io/share/2fRwhBNsg
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Chester County)

Most places I've looked at since the start of this thread have over a months waiting period for shipping plates. Whatever you decide do it quickly. the level IV ceramics looks to be a good deal from Bulletsafe.

https://bulletsafe.com/products/ballistic-plates
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Most places I've looked at since the start of this thread have over a months waiting period for shipping plates. Whatever you decide do it quickly. the level IV ceramics looks to be a good deal from Bulletsafe.

https://bulletsafe.com/products/ballistic-plates
    There's plenty of armor still on ebay.

(Lehigh County)

I ordered the below setup from LA Police gear about 10 days ago and it arrived this past Friday. Not bad.
    I signed up for their texts and got a 10% off code also to use. My total was just under $300 after the 10% off
    Their customer service said the plates are compatible with this carrier. I haven't tried it on yet but will soon just to make sure it all fits.

I do plan to order the Bulletsafe 3A also to keep in the car.

Condor Exo Plate Carrier Gen II https://lapolicegear.com/tg-201165-exo-ii.html

And two LA Police Gear Level III Ceramic Ballistic Armor Rifle Plate https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-level3-plate.html

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast