After many years of looking at a Shield, I finally decided to buy one about a month ago in 45. Actually I couldn't resist the deal - it was NIB with night sights and 3 mags for $369! Once I got it home I took it to the range and after about 50 rounds started to encounter the magazine falling out but not completely out. Hmm was I somehow hitting the mag release button on recoil or was it the gun. I did notice that the mag would drop easily with a slightest touch of the mag release button. I did some searching and found this to be an issue with other Shield owners. I then called S&W C\S and they suggested I send it in. Having been through warranty work now 3xs with other manufacturers I didn't feel like waiting months to get my pistol back so I decided to instead take a gamble and install a hyve-technologies mag release button. Back at the range I shot another 100 rounds with zero issues. WOW what a difference. https://hyve-technologies.com/produc...the-shield-45/

Since the Shield is one of the most popular pistols out there, I just thought I'd share this fix with anyone experiencing this issue as a alternative to sending it back for repair. The installation of the hyve mag release is very easy to do.

Cheers!
PistolFan