I started doing some things to get ready for the upcoming hunting season.

I zeroed my 30-30 today using a Speer DeepCurl bullet that Speer told me shouldn't be used with my choice of powder (IMR4350).

A few days ago I shot that bullet into some water jugs and got over double the diameter in expansion. The load stays.

For the past 30 years, I've been trying to work a load for my Remington pump 30.06 using 150 grain bullets. 1 1/2" at 100 was the best I ever got and it's adequate for deer in PA. Since the pumpgun has a 1:10 twist, I decided to try a 180 grain bullet. I tried 4 bullets and found a Barnes TTSX over IMR 4064 gave me a half minute of angle at 100. Today it was a 3/4" group but I rezeroed the rifle for that load.

I've had 3 trail cams out for about 2 weeks now and had 3 young small racked buck behind my house.
This morning, I was probably loading my car to do another range day when this guy stopped by.
I'll invite him to my 2B backyard party on Sept 19th. Hope he makes it.

https://flic.kr/p/2jrMsKH

Next month, I'll remove the lag screws that support my tree stand, inspect and reinstall them or change them if needed.

I haven't shot my crossbow yet so that's still upcoming.

I also got a cow elk tag for Wyoming so have a load worked up for my Savage .300 winmag gun bash rifle. Leupold just contacted me that the the custom dial for the VX5HD is enroute.

One more rifle needs a load for the 3 day old mans doe rifle season. My National Ordnance 1903A3. I think I have a load pretty close.
I had tried it at 100 with decent results, Cranked the bullet drop compensator to 300 and hit a 10 inch gong at 300. Just need to fine tune that.

Anyone else prepping, camera scouting etc etc?

My buddies all prep. They fire 3 rounds a week before the season and are good to go.