Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Freezer candidates for hunt season 2020 /21

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Congrats on the kick ass season. I’m going out tomorrow at 5:00 am. I don’t have high expectations but a deer would be nice. If not then I may add the muzzleloader stamp to my license and take a crack at that.
    Thank you
    Good luck to you.

I've had it the other way too, spending days in a treestand or still hunting and seeing zilch.

My friends will all be out there tomorrow too.

I may go out after Christmas and try to fill my last 2B tag for donation to the food bank I give to.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I missed a doe tonight at about 50 yrds with my Super Redhawk .44 mag. It didn't even run. Just walked off and milled around eating. I'm still waiting for the rail mount for my red dot. It's lost in Philly at the post office apparently.
    I'm having trouble seeing the irons on my Redhawk.
    I wish I had gotten the barrel set up for an optic when I got it around 85.

I'll get back into working up a hunting load for my PA10 for when they approve semi for big game.

(Bucks County)

Wednesday I took another doe. Having a pretty good year. Still have a few more tags to fill, and I think the next one will go towards making snack sticks.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdan View Post
    Wednesday I took another doe. Having a pretty good year. Still have a few more tags to fill, and I think the next one will go towards making snack sticks.
    You are banging it this year. Cool
    Buck and doe at the same time and this one too.

Congrats. Well done.

(Perry County)

Fog is ruining this last day. Rolled in around 10:30 and just keeps getting thicker. Hoping it burns off so I can hunt sundown. Not much optimism a shooter buck will appear the last hour of the last day but at least I can go out for flintlock and put meat in the freezer. I calculated that I've put in 70 to 80 hours during rifle season; by far my highest hour count. So many deer, so few bucks.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Fog is ruining this last day. Rolled in around 10:30 and just keeps getting thicker. Hoping it burns off so I can hunt sundown. Not much optimism a shooter buck will appear the last hour of the last day but at least I can go out for flintlock and put meat in the freezer. I calculated that I've put in 70 to 80 hours during rifle season; by far my highest hour count. So many deer, so few bucks.
    You*ve heard of the whistle fish on a party boat haven*t ya, well there are whistle bucks out there in the woods. I had a spot where a buck was coming off a side hill, tracks dried up during first week. Tracks are back and I set a game camera out just to see if if it*s the same buck. Enjoy the day and be happy your healthy enough to put in the time. Could be 15 degrees if that would make you happy.

Was out from 5:30 am until 3pm. Bumped one doe which ran into some extremely thick brush and got away.

Had a good time and Gained some experience.

(Lancaster County)

Was in my stand from 4:30AM until 4PM......no joy

(York County)

A family friend has been mentoring his 11 yo twins every weekend at the farm. One in the morning, the other in the evening. Tonight, just before sundown, the boy took a nice button buck! He was thrilled, and dragged it all the way down the mountain by himself. It’s great to see the next generation enjoy our past times.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Perry County)

Fog thinned, no deer at all for the last three hours. There were about 12 in my field next to the house last night about 6 when we got home from shopping. They must have slept all day after partying all night.

Two weeks to move some blinds around, I won't be making any shots over 100 yards with the flintlock. Best to remove the temptation.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast