As most know, I have my 01 FFL. Coming up on my 3rd renewal. Last time at my 2nd pre-renewal inspection, the inspector was talking me up to get an 03 SOT. I dismissed it given my low-key business. I break even most years and don't move more than 5 or 10 guns most years.

I looked into it with my renewal coming up and learned quite a bit. But some questions remain. I haven't seen or heard from ATF except at renewal. Can I expect the same if I receive my SOT or does being an NFA dealer bring more inspections and contacts?

I don't think I'll do a lot of business being home-based but moving a few suppressors or SBRs a year would be likely. Is it like my FFL where they don't care as long as I'm crossing the 'T's and dotting the 'I's? Or do they want to see a more vigorous business?

Is there much profit to be had on suppressors or other NFA bits? I've found I can buy guns on Gunbroker for about the same as I can from distributors just because I can't buy in volume. Should I expect the same here?

If you're uncomfortable talking business in the open, feel free to send me a PM.