Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default 357 SIGs in .40 ten-round mag not working.

I have two 13-round Glock mags that reliably feed 357 SIG hollow points in my converted gen 3 G23.

To be able to carry it in PRNJ, I purchased two 10-round .40s (Glock make).

The top 6 rounds take a nose dive during feed, jamming below the ramp. The last four feed perfectly. This describes what happens with both 10-rounders.

With the mag full of ten rounds, on down to five remaining, I can see a gap between the top round and the next round at the shoulder areas, so the rounds are not stacking correctly from the git-go.

I am thinking follower. Not sure which part number would do it. There is a visible difference between the 13 round follower and the 10 rounder.

The puzzle is affected by the inside of the 10-round mag. There are lands in the upper ares of the sidewalls which is part of the design restricting the mag to 10 capacity (precludes stagger).

Anyone played this game and have the solution? (Other than the obvious...buy two ten-round 357 SIG mags) Thanks
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 357 SIGs in .40 ten-round mag not working.

I had a G31 I bought during the AWB, in 04 when the ban sunset I was able to buy 15round G22 mags. They worked fine the only difference was one said 40 and the other said 357. I just gave the last of my 10 round mags marked 357 for the G31 to a Co-Worker that lives in NJ for his G22. He is doing fine with them all. are you sure these are glock factory mags?

The only troubles I ever had was with the 10rd restricted marked 357 mags I never could get the 10th round to go in no matter how hard i pushed. 357 or 40 cal rounds it just would not go. The design of the 10 round mags is still the same nothing changed its its own mag body with one column of witness holes its not a converted 15 round mag for ban states

(Bucks County)

Thanks for response. Here the difference. I inquired about 10-round .40 not feeding 357 SIG. Your 10-round mags, bestowed upon a PRNJ friend, were 357 SIG mags.

The interior of a .40 ten-round is configured as I described. They are not a blocked mag originally designed to hold more than ten. They have channels in the side walls that sets up the cartridges in a single stack, ensuring no more than ten can be loaded.

I have corresponded with Glock, and am waiting response from engineering as to the practicality of changing followers and if so, which ones to buy.

(Bucks County)

Forgot to follow up. Contacted Glock tech division. They said they "do not have followers to convert a ten-round .40 mag to a 357 Sig mag. If a ten-round 357 Sig mag is needed, 357 Sig mags will have to be obtained".

There is an internal configuration within the ten-round 357 sig magazine that limits it to ten rounds. The sides of the followers are shaped to engage it. (My explanation).