Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Single point sling search

In typical fashion, I've misplaced my favorite single point sling. The task now is to replace it. All I have is a description, I do not recall the manufacturer. It was 1" nylon web, had high quality flat clips with slide lock bars, and.... built in quick adjust loop at the shoulder area. To adjust, lift the gun weight slightly with one hand, grab the loop and pull. Done! That last detail is the one which would get someone's attention, because I have not found one on the web anywhere. I have owned it for about 8 years so it's possible the company is out of business. It was very high quality and only cost about $25 at the time. I know this is pretty vague, but any help would be appreciated. Failing finding an identical replacement, my next task will be to find one of equal quality that I like. Not interested in 2 point slings, but would consider a convertible model if it has quick adjust feature. NO bungee slings, please. This was used mainly on my AR, but also my home shot gun as well. Thanks for any help.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Single point sling search

Those quick adjust style slings are now becoming the commonplace.

Hundreds if not thousands, of pretty much exactly what you described, on amazon and ebay for around that price.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Those quick adjust style slings are now becoming the commonplace.

Hundreds if not thousands, of pretty much exactly what you described, on amazon and ebay for around that price.
    This.

Wolf hook used to be the big name.

Last time I needed one I looked for a wolf hook on amazon and a bunch came up.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Ferro Concepts Slingster.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Chester County)

You can also find them under the name, NutKnocker100%ofthetime
    Hoplophobia is funny

I recently got a Magpul MS4 single point sling to attach to my Magpul Zhukov stock. Once I got the sling in the mail and tried to attach it, it turns out I need a tiny little insert Magpul sells for 15 bucks but probably costs them 2 cents to make. The stock costs $95 and the sling was about $70, and they feel the need to sell an extra attachment to get the two to talk????? Pissed me off so much, I put the sling aside and am using the gun sans sling.

I would have recommended this Magpul sling, but with these piss poor business practices, how can I?
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(York County)

I ended up getting a Magpul MS3 Gen 2 with the claw attachments and slider buckle. I received it last week and I admit it's an improvement over what I had. Seems very well made despite polymer hardware. I like the slider adjustment so far. Not convinced yet it will be as easy to operate with the entire system and all the other straps that cross chest area. Another thing to get used to. Should be fine but gloves may be an issue.
    I saw the attachment system mentioned above and took a hard pass on proprietary like always. I like to cover bases instead of expensive eggs in one basket. I probably don't understand the need for such things, but the system seems like a solution in search of a problem to me. That said, I didn't have any issues understanding their site well enough to make a decision on what to buy. Not sure how ShooterInPA1 missed the detail, but shit DOES still happen. Hope he gets it squared away. Their toys aint cheap.