Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Philadelphia Gun Permit (LTCF) renewals - appointments booked up for 5 months

Quote Originally Posted by inrem View Post
    1. They have a new web site - https://www.ppd-ltc.com/ (and their physical location changed a year or two ago).

2. THERE WILL BE NO WALK UP SERVICE, EVERYTHING WILL BE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!

*>MONDAY, TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY - APPLICATIONS ONLY

>THURSDAY & FRIDAY - PICKUPS, LOST & STOLEN REPORTS, STATUS CHECKS & OTHER INQUIRES

3. They were closed for several months (since March - https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...-20200320.html ). Apparently on July 8th, 2020 the Gun Permit Unit began scheduling appointments, with appointments starting on July 16, 2020.

4. The Unit has the following phone numbers designated for making appointments, (215) 685- 3661 and (215) 685-3662. Expect to call many times in hopes of getting through. There is currently no voicemail.

5. Although they have only been re-opened for about a week, all appointment slots are currently booked through mid-December 2020. And I understand dates after that are filling up fast.

6. They will also be closed (as per the web site) from December 20th to January 3rd.

If you do not book NOW, and cant somehow "jump the line", expect no appointment slot in 2020.

So what interesting if you read the page on application information it has directions on filling it out however it specifically says at Box 29 for Reference that you need to will out 2 references. However I thought a few years ago the city lost a lawsuit where they are no longer require you to fill out the references. So here they are saying you are required to fill out the references.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Gun Permit (LTCF) renewals - appointments booked up for 5 months

A friend of mine just informed me Philly is currently scheduling appointments for SEPTEMBER 2021!!!! My license expires in March, 2021. How can Philly get away with this???

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by KAT-21 View Post
    A friend of mine just informed me Philly is currently scheduling appointments for SEPTEMBER 2021!!!! My license expires in March, 2021. How can Philly get away with this???
    Sounds like a lawsuit is necessary here. Maybe GunLawyer is up for the challenge. My advice would be to not live in that miserable excuse of a city.
    -Brandon

(Philadelphia County)

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=363525

Another guy has consulted an attorney. Perhaps you want to connect with him?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by inrem View Post
    https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=363525

Another guy has consulted an attorney. Perhaps you want to connect with him?
    Thank you... Reaching out now.

Quote Originally Posted by KAT-21 View Post
    In case you haven't noticed , most cops , courts and judges don't give a damn what the law says.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    In case you haven't noticed , most cops , courts and judges don't give a damn what the law says.
    Unless you have george Soros deep pockets funding the legal costs. Just ask BLM and ANTIFA.

(Cumberland County)

Gun Owners of America is seeking plaintiffs to sue the City of Philadelphia for the delay in LTCF processing. If you live in the City of Philadelphia and want to get a NEW LTCF or RENEW your existing LTCF, please contact me on this BBS or via email at val.finnell@gunowners.org if you would like to be a plaintiff.
    Last edited by vfinnell; September 29th, 2020 at 04:39 PM.
    Val W. Finnell, MD, MPH | Pennsylvania Director, Gun Owners of America | 703-321-8585

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12