Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Looking for something comparable to an EOTech, Aim Point, or even a Sight Mark

I'd love to have a red dot with a magnifier without paying over $1000, is that possible? I also don't want garbage, I've had my fair share of that when it comes to close range sights. Just looking for options, maybe there is something good out there that I'm missing?

I wouldn't mind paying close to or a bit more then $700, so I'm not trying to be cheap, just with so many options out there, I figured some one may have already had this experience.

Thanks for your help

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Looking for something comparable to an EOTech, Aim Point, or even a Sight Mark

Vortex

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Looking for something comparable to an EOTech, Aim Point, or even a Sight Mark

Red dots with magnifiers have sort of gone the wayside in today's market. Low power variable optics are more popular it seems. And for $700 you can get a very good LVPO.

Besides high demand pushing things out of stock, you can find quality optics starting at just over $100.

Check out the lineup at Primary Arms. Most likely you'll have to backorder it (they don't charge you til your order ships).

(Montgomery County)

You are comparing apples to oranges. Eotech is nothing like aimpoint and the only other holographic model on the market is the two generations of Vortex UH-1 (Huey). It is not the same technology and has a different utility. For example, I have an astigmatism and the holographics look great to me, whereas most red dots look like starbursts or flowers. However, my one aimpoint looks really, really good.

I suggest you get some hands on with a buddies optics before buying. Or just be real friendly at your local range and try out different things. The reason why prices for the really good stuff is because the market will pay it. There is value there. And... you can peruse the used optic classifieds at ar15.com if you are feeling very sporty.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Allegheny County)

Sightmark. Just scratch it off your list right now.
    I can't afford good stuff so I took a chance on Sightmark. I lost.
    Fortunately I purchased them (yes, TWO - both failures) used and wasn't out a ton of money.

One shuts off after each shot mounted on my x39 (seems OK on my 9mm) and the other the batteries keep dying.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Luzerne County)

Thanks for the help so far guys, but what about the Sig Romeo and Juliet combo? I kinda forgot about them and they're not so bad with price.

(Bucks County)

I have a Burris 332 that I like. It's a little large but it's on an ar10. Poor mans acog. Glass is etched so you can use it with dead batteries. However as someone else mentioned, you can get a very nice variable low power optic for $700. You could get a used acog in decent condition for $800, I would think.

(Northampton County)

take a good look at Prism scopes Primary arms 3 x 5x or Athlon 3 x prism scope. i have been trying some odd ball stuff lately because the Primary arms stuff is usually sold out. I just got the Athlon 3x prism three week sago and I really like it. I am ordering there 3.9 x prism because I liked the 3 x model so much. As far as sight mark goes I have several of there oofrings and have never had a problem.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Holosun hs510&hm3x combo for 500.00 on ebay
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Montgomery County)

I recently bought a Monstrum Optical 5x prism for about $100 on amazon.

No idea how well itll hold up yet, but it looks really really good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast