Quote Originally Posted by Elephantrider757 View Post
I put this on another post but this one is a lot newer. Hello everyone, I am a Virginia resident. I have a VA resident CHP and a Utah CFP. I know PA doesn*t recognize either permit. PA used to share reciprocity with VA but I haven*t had to travel to PA for some time. I looked into obtaining a PA license to carry, the only roadblock for me that I can see is character references SHOULD BE residents of the county. I don*t know anyone in Lebanon County or anyone from PA that I can think of off hand. Has anyone else ran into this before? I was thinking of calling the sheriff*s office and asking if they would accept sworn local law enforcement officers from my jurisdiction as character references. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. sorry about my Governor he*s a real POS.
Sheriffs frequently try to add additional stipulations to the LTCF form. It is unlawful for them to do so. Requiring that references be from the county of application is AGAINST THE LAW.

My recommendation: fill out the form with whatever references you want to use, hand it to them, and DO NOT take it back if they try to hand it back. By that point, you have submitted your application to them and they are legally obligated to respond to it within 45 days.

IANAL.