Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ EVO Pistol

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CZ EVO Pistol

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?board=91.0

Is a good resource for Evo questions.

Also, the CMMG Banshee series, with it's radial delayed blowback is another good PCC choice.

Overall, people tend to gravitate towards these PCC

Scorpion
    Kriss Vector
    HK MP5
    Stribog
    Sig MPX
    CMMG Banshee
    B&T GHM9
    Ruger Charger PC
    Bunch of other 9mm AR platforms, too many to list, lol

Price on magazines, aftermarket support, Last shot hold open, operating system, reliability, and "how good out of box" are the big Q's besides initial cost of course!

I'm a tinkerer, can't leave anything in an OEM configuration. Which is one of the reasons I went with the Scorpion. I didn't want another AR, wanted last shot hold open, and wanted a lot of parts/configs to fiddle with, while not breaking the bank per say. Magazines are cheap. I knew it kinda needed some tweaks out of the box, and I was more than cool with that. Some people don't want to be bothered, and would rather pay a bit more for a better sorted platform. Different strokes for different folks.

The direct blowback is going to recoil more than a roller delayed, radial delayed, or other more refined operating system. We are talking about 9mm though, so it's not much to worry about, lmao. Direct blowback is the simplest system though, and quite hardy. There's like no parts to the Scorpion, and it field strips tool less, just one push pin and you rock out the trigger group, then you pull out the BCG/recoil spring assembly. That's it. It's like Glock simple.

PCC market is pretty hot right now, and I doubt it's going to just die. Lots of options, support, and following. So any of the big names wouldn't be a bad call. Just keep in mind what you actually want to use it for. Which for most is range toy, lol
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Allegheny County)

You'll need to spend another $2-300 on aftermarket parts to make the Scorpion decent to shoot. At the absolute minimum you'll need to buy the safety delete. I don't know how the original safety ever passed QA. Some other parts you'll end up wanting - new pistol grip to fix the moronic angle of the stock grip, new fore-end to get rid of the cheese grater rails, new charging handle, paddle mag release, new trigger shoe (I can't stress enough how much I hate the original). The nice part is you can do all of this yourself with minimal tools. The downside is the extra cost.

Is it a fun gun? Yeah. Should I have dropped the money I did plus more on parts and spare mags for it? No.

As an aside, I have had a hell of time trying to get mine sighted in with two different red dots. The metal lo-pro CZ sights are bang on, but I just can't get the thing to hit where the freaking dot is no matter how much I adjust it.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    You'll need to spend another $2-300 on aftermarket parts to make the Scorpion decent to shoot. At the absolute minimum you'll need to buy the safety delete. I don't know how the original safety ever passed QA. Some other parts you'll end up wanting - new pistol grip to fix the moronic angle of the stock grip, new fore-end to get rid of the cheese grater rails, new charging handle, paddle mag release, new trigger shoe (I can't stress enough how much I hate the original). The nice part is you can do all of this yourself with minimal tools. The downside is the extra cost.

Is it a fun gun? Yeah. Should I have dropped the money I did plus more on parts and spare mags for it? No.

As an aside, I have had a hell of time trying to get mine sighted in with two different red dots. The metal lo-pro CZ sights are bang on, but I just can't get the thing to hit where the freaking dot is no matter how much I adjust it.
    I have the opposite experience. Only thing I changed was the safety. Got the ak style on right side. My factory sights I can't get the front post to go any lower and it needs to. I put a RDS on it and I'm good wit that. If I were pooping money right now I'd probably want to get the Binary trigger from Franklin Armory for it, but just not in the budget.

I have the Factory swing arm, with a Tailhook on mine

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    At the absolute minimum you'll need to buy the safety delete. I don't know how the original safety ever passed QA.
    Oh geez! I don't know how I forgot about the safety!! It is horrendous!

2020-07-20.jpg

Here is mine. I'm still tweaking it here and there. The light and the suppressor cover are on the chopping block.

Magpul grip
    Magpul mag release
    Magpul mag
    Chopped magpul AFG2 to get tighter into the mag well
    HBI AK safety right side
    HBI regular safety Left side
    MBUS Pro
    Holosun 510c-Elite
    PMM QD cup
    Strike Industries Pic rail QD mount
    VTAC sling
    CZ customs adjustable trigger group
    HBI forward trigger shoe for the CZ trigger
    SB Tactical folding brace
    Rugged Obsidian .45 with 9mm cap
    Rugged Tri lug mount

Converting over to a Tailhook brace on a ACR stock, now that ACR stocks are actually back in stock, lol. Have all the other parts, just waiting on mail.

So I dumped tons of money, like a ton, into just a fun platform, and I don't regret it. It brings me joy, lol.

Picked up the Evo 3 S1 for 850 with brace lightly used.

Does everybody hate the safety due to it grinding into
    your hand when shooting?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Does everybody hate the safety due to it grinding into
    your hand when shooting?

It really does dig into your trigger finger. It is not subtle, it's really obnoxious. Your trigger finger can get in the way of safety engagement/ disengagement by either blocking or hanging up the safety lever when you manipulate it with your thumb as well, not super common, but I was able to induce it.

Good news is, its super easy to swap, or even just pull the lever and sand/cut off the arm. The Scorpion is super simple, and easy to work on. The safety uses a torsion bar with a tip that interfaces with a dimple on the safety bar. No traditional springs, plungers, or other stuff. Which is less parts to lose, lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Duece McCracken View Post
    It really does dig into your trigger finger. It is not subtle, it's really obnoxious. Your trigger finger can get in the way of safety engagement/ disengagement by either blocking or hanging up the safety lever when you manipulate it with your thumb as well, not super common, but I was able to induce it.

Good news is, its super easy to swap, or even just pull the lever and sand/cut off the arm. The Scorpion is super simple, and easy to work on. The safety uses a torsion bar with a tip that interfaces with a dimple on the safety bar. No traditional springs, plungers, or other stuff. Which is less parts to lose, lmfao.
    I almost took mine off with a saw. Definitely getting a new lever.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I almost took mine off with a saw. Definitely getting a new lever.
    Gotta say, I love the long AK style safety. When on target I can put my finger in the trigger guard, then move my curled finger towards the top of the trigger pack as a vertical motion and the safety comes off. It's really intuitive and I'm on the trigger immediately for the shot. The extra leverage on the safety makes putting it back on with the index finger very easy. It engages very positively as well. I was skeptical at first, but dang, it works great.

Hope OP doesn't mind a little threadjacking, lol, it's on topic of sorts! I swear!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12