Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: How many of you have IFAKS in your vehicle?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 78.57%
  • No

2 7.14%
  • Thought about it

4 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car/Truck IFAKS

(Berks County)

Default Re: Car/Truck IFAKS

Good stuff guys! I ask all this as I think that this something that some people don't consider especially with how things are going nowadays.
    Having a first aid kit I find to be rather important, just as important as having a gun. I make sure to have one in my truck at all times and it consists of the following:
    1) SOF-T Gen 4 Tourniquet. 2)SWAT-T Tourniquet *save this more along the lines of a good pressure dressing.* 3) 4 Abdominal dressings. 4) 10 medical gauze for packing wounds or general booboo stuff. 5) 1 Israeli Bandage 6) 4 Assorted sized cling wraps. 7) Ace Bandage *can also be used for pressure dressings.* 8) 10 2x2's for general booboo stuff 9) Alcohol wipes. 10) X shears trauma shears. 11) Mylar blanket. 12) Roll of one inch tape.

Since the EMS crews in this area aren't too far out, I am not focusing on airway but immediate life threatening bleeding. Most situations I have come in contact with in terms of airway haven't in most cases needed a manual airway but supplemental 02. So I currently save the BVM and Nasal Trumpets to the incoming EMS crew. I know how to use those anyway
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Allegheny County)

Haha. Right there - your last line - anyone seriously wounded near me had better be able to fix themselves.
    Having all that stuff is only helpful if you know how to use it, or if someone else happens to be there who does.
    Not much point in me carrying stuff I don't know what to do with.
    (not inclined to learn either, to be perfectly honest - we're all wired differently)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Last time I checked the emergency kit I keep in my vehicle I had a pair of latex gloves, a roll of duct tape, some zip ties, a dirty rag and a bottle of chloroform.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Haha. Right there - your last line - anyone seriously wounded near me had better be able to fix themselves.
    Having all that stuff is only helpful if you know how to use it, or if someone else happens to be there who does.
    Not much point in me carrying stuff I don't know what to do with.
    (not inclined to learn either, to be perfectly honest - we're all wired differently)
    I also have years working on the job in EMS. Most of the stuff the Ambulance crews can do, I can do, or can at least assist with. But I reduce the gear I carry since I am not officially practicing on a licensed EMS unit off duty.
    Last edited by Konsukah_19; July 21st, 2020 at 03:00 AM.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Last time I checked the emergency kit I keep in my vehicle I had a pair of latex gloves, a roll of duct tape, some zip ties, a dirty rag and a bottle of chloroform.

LoL!!! Rep coming your way for giving me a much needed laugh.
    Gerald Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Konsukah_19 View Post
    I also have years working on the job in EMS. Most of the stuff the Ambulance crews can do, I can do, or can at least assist with. But I reduce the gear I carry since I am not officially practicing on a licensed EMS unit off duty.
    Just curious what level of Provider you are/were?

Not you, but I've noticed a couple of others in this thread mentioned having "Needles for decompression", I sure hope they understand the legal ramifications of having those/using them, and if they actually have any real knowledge of how and when to utilize them.

Unfortunately, there are far too many people, carrying far too much "medical gear", that they have no business having/using.

(Bucks County)

First aid kit, burn kit, emergency blankets and water are always in a backpack I keep in the trunk along with a couple of large towels.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Chester County)

I don't go in for those foreign vehicles.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwt1405 View Post
    Just curious what level of Provider you are/were?

Not you, but I've noticed a couple of others in this thread mentioned having "Needles for decompression", I sure hope they understand the legal ramifications of having those/using them, and if they actually have any real knowledge of how and when to utilize them.

Unfortunately, there are far too many people, carrying far too much "medical gear", that they have no business having/using.
    I am a current active EMT-B in the Commonwealth. As with most EMS providers I have worked at a few services. So I guess you can say I am like bad money, I have been everywhere.

I try to operate on a limited basis given that scope of practice and all that. Since Berks has quite a few squads I leave the heavy lifting to them and I carry stuff for immediate life threats, and it's mostly for me or friends/family. I also take from your avatar your on a Flight Crew of some sort?
    Gerald Ford.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Konsukah_19 View Post
    Good stuff guys! I ask all this as I think that this something that some people don't consider especially with how things are going nowadays.
    Having a first aid kit I find to be rather important, just as important as having a gun. I make sure to have one in my truck at all times and it consists of the following:
    1) SOF-T Gen 4 Tourniquet. 2)SWAT-T Tourniquet *save this more along the lines of a good pressure dressing.* 3) 4 Abdominal dressings. 4) 10 medical gauze for packing wounds or general booboo stuff. 5) 1 Israeli Bandage 6) 4 Assorted sized cling wraps. 7) Ace Bandage *can also be used for pressure dressings.* 8) 10 2x2's for general booboo stuff 9) Alcohol wipes. 10) X shears trauma shears. 11) Mylar blanket. 12) Roll of one inch tape.

Since the EMS crews in this area aren't too far out, I am not focusing on airway but immediate life threatening bleeding. Most situations I have come in contact with in terms of airway haven't in most cases needed a manual airway but supplemental 02. So I currently save the BVM and Nasal Trumpets to the incoming EMS crew. I know how to use those anyway
    That's why I carry a Tom Mix pocket knife and a ball point pen, just in case.

I also keep a fresh supply of coconuts, rubber tubing and inflation needles in case someone needs an emergency IV.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast