Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Montgomery County LTCF early renewal?

Montgomery county has instituted a new procedure for applying/renewing LTCF, which ends in an "appointment" to receive the actual card. Since there is apparently quite a backup in receiving an appointment, does anyone know how "early" one may start the renewal procedure in Montgomery County, to ensure that the appointment can be scheduled before the current LTCF expires?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Montgomery County LTCF early renewal?

There is no speicific statutory answer, and despite there supposedly being a "uniform" process statewide, I am certain you would get wildly varying answers if you made inquiries with multiple counties.

Your best best is to call the applicable office in your local area and see what they say.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Montgomery County)

I received a 60 day notice of expiry in early June. Sent in the necessary filled out forms and other requirements via email within a day. Called 15 days later (might have to call a few times). Was given an appointment effectively 5 days after the 15 day comment, walked in off East Airy Street, had my new permit in 10 minutes, As of the beginning of July, you can drop off copies of the filled out forms etc., at E. Airy Street entrance to the courthouse. However, do not try to bring a weapon in when you come to pick up your new permit as there are no facilities at that entrance to hold them. Yes, I am aware that the sheriff is supposed to provide facilities, but if you want your permit with a minimum of hassle then do as is stated. Dave_n

Update on my original post. I did not receive any notice of expiry. Went online, downloaded forms and emailed necessary forms. Two weeks later, I received confirmation that they had received my application. Called them 15 days after receipt of confirmation. Had appointment within two weeks of that call. Actual pickup was extremely efficient. Had about 6 people ahead of me in line, and took less than 10 minutes from getting in line to walking out the door. Everyone was polite, helpful and did not have an attitude. (Including me. LOL)