Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default American made 7.62X39 HP ammo all out of stock

Got looking today for HP AK47 ammo and everything I looked for was out of stock wherever I looked....Winchester 120gr Splitcore HP, Zombie, Federal Fusion. Wonder what's going on?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Default Re: American made 7.62X39 HP ammo all out of stock

Ahh welcome to the ammo shortage, it has been going on for a month or four now.

The Russian BTHP rounds tend to be pretty accurate as if late, other then that SGAmmo has Federal fusion soft points. It*s all by the case load so be prepared to bust out those hundreds

Standard range 223 is running well over $400 a case and steel cased 9mm is almost $300 a case which is nuts.

That membership to Targets Sports USA is really paying off.
    Last edited by Hodgie; July 14th, 2020 at 11:08 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Ahh welcome to the ammo shortage, it has been going on for a month or four now.

The Russian BTHP rounds tend to be pretty accurate as if late, other then that SGAmmo has Federal fusion soft points. It*s all by the case load so be prepared to bust out those hundreds

Standard range 223 is running well over $400 a case and steel cased 9mm is almost $300 a case which is nuts.

That membership to Targets Sports USA is really paying off.
    Sign up for back in stock notices and search several times daily at Sportsman's Guide. Wolf and WPA 7.62 is about $230-$250 but it sells out in minutes. .223/5.56 is about 37 cents a round.

Be vigilant and patient. I just got some S&B 9mm for $189 a case, but it took a month to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Sign up for back in stock notices and search several times daily at Sportsman's Guide. Wolf and WPA 7.62 is about $230-$250 but it sells out in minutes. .223/5.56 is about 37 cents a round.

Be vigilant and patient. I just got some S&B 9mm for $189 a case, but it took a month to arrive.
    I have a life time of x39 on hand so that's not an issue for me it's more of a 9mm thing. Sportsmans guide started canceling peoples back orders and charging higher prices when restocked due to increased costs for them. It's going to be a long while before prices come back down to any normal again.

(Bucks County)

I have a life time of x39 on hand so that's not an issue for me it's more of a 9mm thing. Sportsmans guide started canceling peoples back orders and charging higher prices when restocked due to increased costs for them. It's going to be a long while before prices come back down to any normal again.
    I only had that happen once after Sandy Hook for M855 when I kept bumping my backorder request for a year.

I'm pretty happy with $189 a case for brass 9mm right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I only had that happen once after Sandy Hook for M855 when I kept bumping my backorder request for a year.

I'm pretty happy with $189 a case for brass 9mm right now.
    I just got of their site, unfortunately they are not taking any back orders on S&B right now, cheapest they have to back order for non members is $224, after tax, shipping, and a November due date (possibly) it's $258.00 per case of PMC 115 grain. Steel cased WOlf is about $225.00 shipped with a back order towards the end of Nov.

(Bucks County)

I just got of their site, unfortunately they are not taking any back orders on S&B right now, cheapest they have to back order for non members is $224, after tax, shipping, and a November due date (possibly) it's $258.00 per case of PMC 115 grain. Steel cased WOlf is about $225.00 shipped with a back order towards the end of Nov.
    Sign up for back in stock notices and recheck daily for what's in stock. That's how I scored mine. I've been a buyers club member for 20+ years. It pays for itself with one or two orders. Plus, the 4-pay plan is nice.

(Bucks County)

For home defense, I had been looking for soft point ammo for less penetration thru walls et cetera. I pulled the steel-cored bullets from steel-cased Wolf and replaced them with Hornady 123gr soft points, crimping into the cannelures with a Lee crimping die. Custom ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    For home defense, I had been looking for soft point ammo for less penetration thru walls et cetera. I pulled the steel-cored bullets from steel-cased Wolf and replaced them with Hornady 123gr soft points, crimping into the cannelures with a Lee crimping die. Custom ammo.
    Sports mans guide has PPU brass cased soft points in stock as of this morning for around $10.50 per box. 5 boxes with tax and shipping was just under $70.00 in my cart. I didn’t order though.

(Bucks County)

I shortened a 30-round mag to hold 10. I just wanted 11 rounds. The second mag remains stock 30 filled with the Wolf ammo in case things get so bad worrying about wall penetration becomes wanting to. Thanks though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast