Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

I just read today on my channel 11 news app. Allegheny County teamed up with Monroeville PD for a drive thru LTCF renewal day tomorrow july 25. But if you didn't pre-register by july 20 you will be turned away. Funny how that story wasn't there until today when its too late to register. If it was I didnt see it and I read that news app daily. Especially since channel 11 is dropped from Dish Network while they negotiate $$$ I dont see how I missed that news. And they pulled the story already too.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    I just read today on my channel 11 news app. Allegheny County teamed up with Monroeville PD for a drive thru LTCF renewal day tomorrow july 25. But if you didn't pre-register by july 20 you will be turned away. Funny how that story wasn't there until today when its too late to register. If it was I didnt see it and I read that news app daily. Especially since channel 11 is dropped from Dish Network while they negotiate $$$ I dont see how I missed that news. And they pulled the story already too.
    Yes the first I heard of it was today.. want to get my wife her LTCF...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    My don learned of this and is getting his renewed in monroeville. i believe they assifn you a tome slot.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    My don learned of this and is getting his renewed in monroeville. i believe they assifn you a tome slot.
    None available.
    https://ltcappointments.sheriffalleghenycounty.com/

If I had nothing else to do though, I'd go just in case someone doesn't show and hope they squeeze me in.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    None available.
    https://ltcappointments.sheriffalleghenycounty.com/

If I had nothing else to do though, I'd go just in case someone doesn't show and hope they squeeze me in.
    He got an appointment.

(Allegheny County)

He got an appointment.
    I understand that. There are none available now though, according to the scheduling calendar at the link.

(Allegheny County)

Here's Wendy Bell's radio show/podcast from today, speaking of the massive backlog - this is where my wife heard about the DRIVE THROUGH LTCF thing in Monroeville tomorrow.

https://kdkaradio.radio.com/media/au...-in-pittsburgh

6,000 people are on a wait list to get concealed carry gun licenses in Pittsburgh*s Allegheny County
    SIX. THOUSAND! People don*t feel safe in this climate. But they don*t want to wait until December to get their permits!! We thank Chief Deputy Kevin Kraus from the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office for joining us today with a way you can skip the line as soon as tomorrow!

(Allegheny County)

So yeah, the news was late in reporting and all the appointments were gone. But

1) The Sheriff's department is working to reduce the backlog.
    2) There will likely be more events so if you are in this situation, I would keep checking the Sheriff's website.

Unlike some other counties, the Allegheny County Sheriff is working to move things along.
    Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStull View Post
    So yeah, the news was late in reporting and all the appointments were gone. But

1) The Sheriff's department is working to reduce the backlog.
    2) There will likely be more events so if you are in this situation, I would keep checking the Sheriff's website.

Unlike some other counties, the Allegheny County Sheriff is working to move things along.
    I believe they are doing all they can.
    My opinion may go against the poofer grain but i have not seen anti gun attitudes in my dealings with Allegheny county Sheriff's .
    The ones I know are great guys and believe in 2A.

(Allegheny County)

I believe they are doing all they can.
    My opinion may go against the poofer grain but i have not seen anti gun attitudes in my dealings with Allegheny county Sheriff's .
    The ones I know are great guys and believe in 2A.
    That's usually the case all across law enforcement - the regular guys are pro-2A while the people at the top all want runs restricted or gone.
    The sheriff is no different from what I recall. (anti "assault weapon")

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast