Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Allegheny County)

Default Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

So my license to carry expires on August 28th. Like a good sheeple I go online to see what hours the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office has because I am now within the 60 day renewal period. Big banner on the web page says all LTCF must be by appointment only. OK. So I check the appointment dates. The first available date is not until November 2nd!!!! That's ridiculous. And of course all of the other open counties nearby such as Washington, Westmoreland etc. cannot give an out-of-County resident a LTCF - which is ridiculous. I can go to Wyoming County to get a marriage license, file for divorce, probate an estate etc. But I cannot get a LTCF - a state wide license, from any other Sheriff's Office. Why?

Default Re: Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

Keep carrying. If stopped and arrested/fined, sue.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

Wow!

I posted about that a few weeks back.
    Mine is expired. I got the first available (at that time) on September 29th.

I think the calendar you pick a date on has 5 minute increments for choosing a time.

Myst be record numbers applying!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Butler County)

Worst comes to worst, maybe find a state where you can apply for a non-resident license to carry that has reciprocity with PA? (if that even works?)
    -Brandon

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Worst comes to worst, maybe find a state where you can apply for a non-resident license to carry that has reciprocity with PA? (if that even works?)
    It doesn't.

(Beaver County)

Sounds like the wait is getting longer.

My wife made an appointment a week and a half ago and the earliest she could get was September 25.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Wow!

I posted about that a few weeks back.
    Mine is expired. I got the first available (at that time) on September 29th.

I think the calendar you pick a date on has 5 minute increments for choosing a time.

Myst be record numbers applying!
    Thinking about this on my daily walk. Appointments scheduled on 5 minute intervals. 12 per hour. 96 per 8 hour day. 480 per week. 2,112 per month. 25,334 per year. With a 5 year renewal cycle that says LCTF in the county would be limited at about 126,000. So about 10% of the county can have LCTF. Hoping there is more to the story, like multiple locations.
    Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStull View Post
    Thinking about this on my daily walk. Appointments scheduled on 5 minute intervals. 12 per hour. 96 per 8 hour day. 480 per week. 2,112 per month. 25,334 per year. With a 5 year renewal cycle that says LCTF in the county would be limited at about 126,000. So about 10% of the county can have LCTF. Hoping there is more to the story, like multiple locations.
    I don't support the limited access, but in 2019, only 20,7082 LTCFs were issued in Allegheny county, so that would fall below your "maximum capacity" calculations, and leave a little room for annual growth.

https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-info...ual_Report.pdf
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

ALLEGHENY COUNTY RESIDENTS!!!

Follow the sheriff's office social media for announcements of additional OFF SITE LTCF locations!!!!

My wife learned that they are doing one in Monroeville tomorrow, but all spots are filled - 80 slots filled in 45 minutes of going live with scheduling.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

I just read today on my channel 11 news app. Allegheny County teamed up with Monroeville PD for a drive thru LTCF renewal day tomorrow july 25. But if you didn't pre-register by july 20 you will be turned away. Funny how that story wasn't there until today when its too late to register. If it was I didnt see it and I read that news app daily. Especially since channel 11 is dropped from Dish Network while they negotiate $$$ I dont see how I missed that news. And they pulled the story already too.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast