Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Northampton county population 300,000

Allegheny county population 1,300,000

I would assume the Allegheny county sheriff's have a few more LTCF's to process.
    I would assume the Allegheny county sheriff is a pos anti-gun butt toy who needs a new job next election.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Default Re: Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slinkwc2k View Post
    Screw this crap. I'm a tax payer, so I'm gonna do what I want to. Don't like it? Ok, then I withhold paying taxes. Don't like THAT? Ok, then poke the bear some more and see what happens...
    Don't drop the soap.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I would assume the Allegheny county sheriff is a pos anti-gun butt toy who needs a new job next election.
    We tried telling everyone that (the truth) when he was running for sheriff, but everyone thought he was cool because he promised to expand LTCF hours to Saturdays.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    We tried telling everyone that (the truth) when he was running for sheriff, but everyone thought he was cool because he promised to expand LTCF hours to Saturdays.
    Expanding overtime not license processing.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PeskyGee View Post
    Yeah, they announced this on their Facebook Page stating that registration will be available Aug 10th at 8:00 AM on the ACSO website.

1. Who the hell uses (or wants to) use Facebook for anything in this day and age? The fact that they are using Facebook shows how clueless these people really are.
    2. I had seen this announcement by accident from the main Sheriff page at 7:00 AM on the 10th and refreshed the ACSO page all day to see if I could get scheduled. They never added the North Fayette location until this morning the 11th when I got up at about 6:00 AM.
    3. Now that the entry is available, it still shows no selections for the 15th to choose from.

What a joke!

Mine expires in Sept. and I have an appointment scheduled in Dec. because that was the earliest I could get.

Does anyone know if they are going to give us a hard time about an already expired license for renewal? What is the grace period for this, and are they making exceptions for renewals because of the backlog of applications?
    Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    From the ACSO page...

Too tired of pointing out the risk. Do what ever floats your boat. Just spare us the boo hoo I'm prohibited and it ain't fair threads.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Expanding overtime not license processing.
    No. I'm talking about years ago when he was running for sheriff.
    Everyone was happy because he promised to add Saturday hours.
    At the same time speaking out against civilian ownership of "assault weapons".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Just reporting my experience..

When I first saw this thread I mentioned to my wife that she should get her ltcf. I’ve been saying it for years. Well with 2020 as it is she actually agreed. So originally I told her appointments were available starting November. I didn’t sign her up at the time.

A little more time goes by and on vacation she’s sees a pistol that she really liked, several actually, and said she could see herself with one.

So last week I look at the sheriff’s page and we are looking at 2nd week of February. I decide to let her pick the day so I wait until I get home. At home I bring it up and pull up the calendar. Today the 24th was green! One time available. I grabbed it.

I drove her down this afternoon. Dropped her off and about 10 minutes later she called and was ready to be picked up with license in hand. Would’ve been faster but she had a little trouble finding the office.

So, I guess if you want to get in, keep checking for possible cancellations as that’s how we luckily got it.

And the pistol she wants is on order.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    No. I'm talking about years ago when he was running for sheriff.
    Everyone was happy because he promised to add Saturday hours.
    At the same time speaking out against civilian ownership of "assault weapons".
    Yes he expanded overtime opportunities no he doesn't seem to be processing more ltcf. Agree he is pos. People don't vote 2A. Im a single issue voter since 18 years of age. Most times your choices are bad and worse. Good people don't run for office.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    Just reporting my experience..

When I first saw this thread I mentioned to my wife that she should get her ltcf. I*ve been saying it for years. Well with 2020 as it is she actually agreed. So originally I told her appointments were available starting November. I didn*t sign her up at the time.

A little more time goes by and on vacation she*s sees a pistol that she really liked, several actually, and said she could see herself with one.

So last week I look at the sheriff*s page and we are looking at 2nd week of February. I decide to let her pick the day so I wait until I get home. At home I bring it up and pull up the calendar. Today the 24th was green! One time available. I grabbed it.

I drove her down this afternoon. Dropped her off and about 10 minutes later she called and was ready to be picked up with license in hand. Would*ve been faster but she had a little trouble finding the office.

So, I guess if you want to get in, keep checking for possible cancellations as that*s how we luckily got it.

And the pistol she wants is on order.
    That is horrible. Good she got it. Horrible way to run a sheriff office dealing with a constitutional right.

(Allegheny County)

No argument on that. And on top of being in the middle of a city with no easy place to park. I hate cities.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast