Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Go here and start at paragraph 5.

Commonwealth v. Anderson is the applicable case law.
    Fantastic read, thank you!

The Sherriff' have violated the intent of the general assembly when they updated he uniformed firearms act of 1995. From the preamble referenced on page 7:

The General Assembly hereby declares that the purpose of this act is to provide support to law enforcement in the area of crime prevention and control, that it is not the purpose of this act to place any undue or unnecessary restrictions or burdens on lawabiding citizens with respect to the acquisition, possession, transfer, transportation or use of firearms, rifles or shotguns for personal protection, hunting, target shooting, employment or any other lawful activity, and that this act is not intended to discourage or restrict the private ownership and use of firearms by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes or to provide for the imposition by rules or regulations of any procedures or requirements other than those necessary to implement and effectuate the provisions of this act

We should certainly remind our representatives of this when we push for constitutional carry.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Allegheny County Sheriff's Office over 100 day waiting period to renew a LTCF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    SOME PENNSYLVANIA SHERIFFS VIOLATING THE LAW AND THEIR OATH BY REFUSING TO PROCESS LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARM APPLICATIONS AND SUBJECTING INDIVIDUALS TO POTENTIAL PROSECUTION

Does this create a legitimate reason to sue the sheriff and those involved in the refusal if the refusal causes arrest and prosecution and...conviction... if it occurs? Or would it be deemed that carrying with expired license is a choice which lies solely with the (expired) licensee?
    Given the ongoing "extensions", I don't think any suit by anyone recently licensed would go very far.

IMO, those with the most standing/risk of harm are those who have never been previously licensed and have now decided to do so, and particularly those just coming of age, because they can't be blamed for their own inaction preceding this mess.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

IMO, those with the most standing/risk of harm are those who have never been previously licensed and have now decided to do so, and particularly those just coming of age, because they can't be blamed for their own inaction preceding this mess.
    Excellent point. Maybe it will woke a bunch who had been of different mind.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The construct of 6106 b (12) makes no sense. It, in effect, provides for arrest and "allows" the section to be used as a defense. It leaves arrest open-ended, subject to the vagaries of discretion. I think it is an excellent example of bad law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I would like to see the history of it. Sounds like someone with some pull, let their LTCF expire, was arrested & charged & at trial argued that other than letting it expire, they were good to go & that there should be a grace period.
    We keep beating this horse to hamburger.

It was put in so an honest mistake would have a legal defense after arrest.

The pos in the governor's mansion doesn't have the power to extend license expirations. The legislature has that power. Nobody is pushing their fat fucking lazy asses to fix this. Renewals could be handled over the internet. My driver's license was. No DMV. They reused the old picture. But our elected sheriff's don't want to loose any power over the piss ants. Everyone is acting like wolf is driving the free candy van and ready to swallow his gooey nougat.

Don't carry on expired license or risk a prohibiting offense.

100th time.
    FML
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Given the ongoing "extensions", I don't think any suit by anyone recently licensed would go very far.

Everyone has the same stake in this. The penalty is the same. Government never lies. Government never changed its mind. Got a bumpstock? Politicians never lie? Cops don't ignore shit when it suits them? District attorneys don't try to prosecute innocent people for political gain?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Berks is taking applications by mail and once accepted, a deputy will call to set-up an appointment to take picture. Anybody do this? How long until appointment?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Everyone has the same stake in this. The penalty is the same. Government never lies. Government never changed its mind. Got a bumpstock? Politicians never lie? Cops don't ignore shit when it suits them? District attorneys don't try to prosecute innocent people for political gain?
    Absolutely agree, but the courts bend over backwards to fuck over the average citizen and place the blame back on them for whatever they are suing over. My point was, that from a purely "legal strategy" standpoint, there are some plaintiffs that would be preferable, as the expected rebuttals could not be employed, because they don't apply.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Wow!

I posted about that a few weeks back.
    Mine is expired. I got the first available (at that time) on September 29th.

I think the calendar you pick a date on has 5 minute increments for choosing a time.

Myst be record numbers applying!
    Thinking about this on my daily walk. Appointments scheduled on 5 minute intervals. 12 per hour. 96 per 8 hour day. 480 per week. 2,112 per month. 25,334 per year. With a 5 year renewal cycle that says LCTF in the county would be limited at about 126,000. So about 10% of the county can have LCTF. Hoping there is more to the story, like multiple locations.
    Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStull View Post
    Thinking about this on my daily walk. Appointments scheduled on 5 minute intervals. 12 per hour. 96 per 8 hour day. 480 per week. 2,112 per month. 25,334 per year. With a 5 year renewal cycle that says LCTF in the county would be limited at about 126,000. So about 10% of the county can have LCTF. Hoping there is more to the story, like multiple locations.
    I don't support the limited access, but in 2019, only 20,7082 LTCFs were issued in Allegheny county, so that would fall below your "maximum capacity" calculations, and leave a little room for annual growth.

https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-info...ual_Report.pdf

(Allegheny County)

ALLEGHENY COUNTY RESIDENTS!!!

Follow the sheriff's office social media for announcements of additional OFF SITE LTCF locations!!!!

My wife learned that they are doing one in Monroeville tomorrow, but all spots are filled - 80 slots filled in 45 minutes of going live with scheduling.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast