Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
How is it there? I'm in Langhorne and about 15 minutes away...
So far, I love it.
I grew up shooting at LRG, but what sold me on FTRPA was the 24 hour indoor range. I mostly shoot handguns. The ability to literally go shoot at 0300 if I want was a big seller for me.
They also have an outdoor plinking range with metal targets at around 15 or 20 yards, they have outdoor ranges of 25/50, and 100/200 yards as well. Currently the shotgun range is shut down, as it was set up to shoot over a lake and apparently that can't happen anymore... they're working on figuring that one out: if you are a big shotgun shooter, I would hold off until they get it straightened out. There's also a 3d archery course and an airgun range.

As far as what I don't like, I feel like the club can be kinda "fuddy" sometimes. No rapid fire. No full auto. You can't draw from a holster and fire. You can't shoot anything that doesn't come into the club unloaded and cased- meaning if you carry, you either unload and case your carry weapon before entering if you want to shoot it; or you carry it and don't shoot it that day at all. You are absolutely allowed to carry on club property, but if you are, than it kinda by default means you are choosing not to shoot that weapon while you're there (obviously this doesn't apply in a defensive situation). You can bring guests at $10 per day, per guest (spouse/children no fee), however you and them cannot shoot at the same time- any non-member must be 1:1 supervised while shooting. Meaning, even if you bring a friend who's very safe and experienced w/ firearms, you still must supervise them while they shoot. It doesn't mean you both can't shoot- you can, just not at the same time. So while they're shooting you watch them, while you shoot they watch you. I don't necessarily mind this rule at all as it does help keep things safe.

I'd love to see some of those things changed, particularly in regards to rapid fire, FA and carry-style practice (draw and shoot, etc), so we'll see what the future holds. There's some hope, as the club used to have a 5-round limit rule, but that was changed in the last year or so and no longer applies.