Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Langhorne Rod and Gun Club

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    How is it there? I'm in Langhorne and about 15 minutes away...
    So far, I love it.
    I grew up shooting at LRG, but what sold me on FTRPA was the 24 hour indoor range. I mostly shoot handguns. The ability to literally go shoot at 0300 if I want was a big seller for me.
    They also have an outdoor plinking range with metal targets at around 15 or 20 yards, they have outdoor ranges of 25/50, and 100/200 yards as well. Currently the shotgun range is shut down, as it was set up to shoot over a lake and apparently that can't happen anymore... they're working on figuring that one out: if you are a big shotgun shooter, I would hold off until they get it straightened out. There's also a 3d archery course and an airgun range.

As far as what I don't like, I feel like the club can be kinda "fuddy" sometimes. No rapid fire. No full auto. You can't draw from a holster and fire. You can't shoot anything that doesn't come into the club unloaded and cased- meaning if you carry, you either unload and case your carry weapon before entering if you want to shoot it; or you carry it and don't shoot it that day at all. You are absolutely allowed to carry on club property, but if you are, than it kinda by default means you are choosing not to shoot that weapon while you're there (obviously this doesn't apply in a defensive situation). You can bring guests at $10 per day, per guest (spouse/children no fee), however you and them cannot shoot at the same time- any non-member must be 1:1 supervised while shooting. Meaning, even if you bring a friend who's very safe and experienced w/ firearms, you still must supervise them while they shoot. It doesn't mean you both can't shoot- you can, just not at the same time. So while they're shooting you watch them, while you shoot they watch you. I don't necessarily mind this rule at all as it does help keep things safe.

I'd love to see some of those things changed, particularly in regards to rapid fire, FA and carry-style practice (draw and shoot, etc), so we'll see what the future holds. There's some hope, as the club used to have a 5-round limit rule, but that was changed in the last year or so and no longer applies.
    Genesis 27:3
    Support Your Local Hawaiian Shirt Enthusiasts

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mccula View Post
    So make a post here and ask if someone would be willing to sponsor you. That's what I did, and someone stepped up. However, I didn't end up using them, as I ended up meeting someone in real life by chance who was a member and willing to sponsor me. We're good friends because of that.
    Or, if you're willing, check the club calendar and go to a match or two. That's how the club recommends finding a sponsor.
    I shall try it your way.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

So far, I love it.
    I grew up shooting at LRG, but what sold me on FTRPA was the 24 hour indoor range. I mostly shoot handguns. The ability to literally go shoot at 0300 if I want was a big seller for me.
    They also have an outdoor plinking range with metal targets at around 15 or 20 yards, they have outdoor ranges of 25/50, and 100/200 yards as well.

That sounds appealing to me. Same here; I shoot mostly handguns, the occasional rifle, and just recently doing some shotgun stuff but not necessary. Any issues with NFA items?

Anyone want to bring me along as a guest? I'll let you shoot anything I bring. (Suppressed Mark 23? 300BO SBR suppressed? MP5 clone?)
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    That sounds appealing to me. Same here; I shoot mostly handguns, the occasional rifle, and just recently doing some shotgun stuff but not necessary. Any issues with NFA items?

Anyone want to bring me along as a guest? I'll let you shoot anything I bring. (Suppressed Mark 23? 300BO SBR suppressed? MP5 clone?)
    No restrictions on NFA as far as I'm aware. We were there shooting SBR's and suppressed rifles the other day.

Maybe you and zachomega should make a new thread in the ranges section asking for sponsors?
    Genesis 27:3
    Support Your Local Hawaiian Shirt Enthusiasts

(Bucks County)

No restrictions on NFA as far as I'm aware. We were there shooting SBR's and suppressed rifles the other day.

Maybe you and zachomega should make a new thread in the ranges section asking for sponsors?
    I posted in the bucks section. But thread is made. No responses yet. But it takes time i suppose.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

If anyone is a member at Langhorne, I'd like to get on as a guest one weekday. Burgers and beer on me afterwards.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Bucks County)

Is Falls Township still accepting new members? I am in Yardley and would love to break in my new AR in the autumn air.

(Bucks County)

Falls is currently not excepting new members until July 2021.

(Bucks County)

So far, I love it.
    They also have an outdoor plinking range with metal targets at around 15 or 20 yards, they have outdoor ranges of 25/50, and 100/200 yards as well. Currently the shotgun range is shut down, as it was set up to shoot over a lake and apparently that can't happen anymore... they're working on figuring that one out: if you are a big shotgun shooter, I would hold off until they get it straightened out. There's also a 3d archery course and an airgun range.

As far as what I don't like, I feel like the club can be kinda "fuddy" sometimes. No rapid fire. No full auto. You can't draw from a holster and fire. You can't shoot anything that doesn't come into the club unloaded and cased- meaning if you carry, you either unload and case your carry weapon before entering if you want to shoot it; or you carry it and don't shoot it that day at all. You are absolutely allowed to carry on club property, but if you are, than it kinda by default means you are choosing not to shoot that weapon while you're there (obviously this doesn't apply in a defensive situation). You can bring guests at $10 per day, per guest (spouse/children no fee), however you and them cannot shoot at the same time- any non-member must be 1:1 supervised while shooting. Meaning, even if you bring a friend who's very safe and experienced w/ firearms, you still must supervise them while they shoot. It doesn't mean you both can't shoot- you can, just not at the same time. So while they're shooting you watch them, while you shoot they watch you. I don't necessarily mind this rule at all as it does help keep things safe.

I'd love to see some of those things changed, particularly in regards to rapid fire, FA and carry-style practice (draw and shoot, etc), so we'll see what the future holds. There's some hope, as the club used to have a 5-round limit rule, but that was changed in the last year or so and no longer applies.
    I don't want to turn this into a FTRPA thread but the reason for the no holster draw is due to a ND with injury while drawing. Falls also used to be a 5 round maximum, but changed that several years ago.

(Philadelphia County)

I just inquired a few weeks ago and not accepting new members currently.
    "No, I am not a great shot, but I shoot often" - Teddy Roosevelt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast