Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SCCFSA no longer requiring a NRA membership to be a member.

Southern Chester County Farmers and Sportsman Association is no longer requiring that you be a member of the NRA to maintain a membership. They decided being an NRA gold club member is no longer worth the burden it places on the members plus the extra work that goes into checking that everyone is up to day.

What do you think? Is it a good idea that members of a gun club contribute to a 2nd amendment organization as a requirement of membership. Maybe not the NRA (whom I have jumped on the bandwagon of not supporting until Wayne is gone) but at least some 2nd organization.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: SCCFSA no longer requiring a NRA membership to be a member.

The NRA gives up our rights every time... they are slowing the decay but not doing nearly enough. I wouldn't join another group if it was required to send the NRA some money.

... and this is coming from a life member...

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    The NRA gives up our rights every time... they are slowing the decay but not doing nearly enough. I wouldn't join another group if it was required to send the NRA some money.

... and this is coming from a life member...
    I am some sort of super life member, I*m not sure what anymore.

The SCCFSA is a great club in an area that does not have many places you can shoot. If it takes an extra $25 or whatever a yearly NRA membership is now it is well worth it imo.

The NRA has it*s purpose and has made a difference over the years imo...... but I think they need to do a lot of soul searching if they want to remain relevant. They have made it harder and harder to support them for me over the last couple of years.

(Delaware County)

I believe NHRPC has not been enforcing or even makes it a requirement to be an NRA member anymore. I dropped my (NRA)membership when they refused to answer a few simple, straight forward questions; even when I called back on two occasions, giving them the benefit of the doubt. If you can't address a simple question, I am not going to support you.

NRA has lost its way...at this point it doesn't matter. We are so far ahead in the shitstorm that is about to go off...no organization is going to make any changes to anything, anytime soon. Gun control is dead...DOA All the stupid laws on the books serve no one. If it isn't good enough for the blowhards, it sure isn't good enough for the peons.
    Last edited by RenoV8; July 11th, 2020 at 01:44 PM. Reason: clarity...

(Chester County)

I left sccsfa when they installed the stupid hot range flags, got yelled at by a board member for carrying a rifle barrel down and wanting to always increase membership numbers. Their limited hours sucked as well.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I believe NHRPC has not been enforcing or even makes it a requirement to be an NRA member anymore. I dropped my membership when they refused to answer a few simple, straight forward questions; even when I called back on two occasions, giving them the benefit of the doubt. If you can't address a simple question, I am not going to support you.

NRA has lost its way...at this point it doesn't matter. We are so far ahead in the shitstorm that is about to go off...no organization is going to make any changes to anything, anytime soon. Gun control is dead...DOA All the stupid laws on the books serve no one. If it isn't good enough for the blowhards, it sure isn't good enough for the peons.
    You say this, but the moment there's a Dem pres and a Dem congress, the 2A is DONE.

(Chester County)

Sweet! I've been wanting to join SCCFSA. I'd been dreading sending more money to the NRA.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I am some sort of super life member, I*m not sure what anymore.

The SCCFSA is a great club in an area that does not have many places you can shoot. If it takes an extra $25 or whatever a yearly NRA membership is now it is well worth it imo.

The NRA has it*s purpose and has made a difference over the years imo...... but I think they need to do a lot of soul searching if they want to remain relevant. They have made it harder and harder to support them for me over the last couple of years.
    The NRA has done some really good things for the club and will continue to support it as an affiliated club. The validation to be a gold affiliate placed a tremendous burden on the volunteers who processed renewals, as they had to deal with first doing the validation runs and then notifying those whose NRA memberships would expire before the end of the next membership year and reprocessing the validation and renewals. The club came to the conclusion that the difference in levels of support from the NRA was not worth the burden it placed on volunteers processing 1500 memberships every year.

I think SCCSFA is a very well run club that has avoided having to make rules that suck the fun out of shooting. The facilities are being constantly improved and are well maintained. How many other clubs in the area have full auto Wednesday afternoons?
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I believe NHRPC has not been enforcing or even makes it a requirement to be an NRA member anymore. I dropped my membership when they refused to answer a few simple, straight forward questions; even when I called back on two occasions, giving them the benefit of the doubt. If you can't address a simple question, I am not going to support you.
    NHRPC has not had an NRA membership requirement for as long as I can recall. Not sure why you would drop you membership there because you couldn't get a couple of questions answered. All of the executive committee's email addresses are posted right on the NHRPC site. I'm pretty sure several of them are members here. You could have gone to a monthly meeting and probably got an answer to whatever you needed.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    You say this, but the moment there's a Dem pres and a Dem congress, the 2A is DONE.
    You say that, but I want to see who the fuck is going to enforce it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast