Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Shooting in Selinsgrove !

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I wonder how many folks know that it's possible to get a temporary "Emergency" LTCF issued? (PA §6109 (m.1))

I also wonder how many sheriffs know this even exists, let alone that they are obligated to process and issue it "Immediately" upon submission of the required documents (in this case, more than just a regular application).
    I'm guessing that the vast majority of people who file for PFA's are staunchly anti-gun and think the PFA's will protect them. I've already seen a couple FB posts that the law failed the young woman by not keeping a gun away from the ex. We all know that a person that's gone that far over the edge will find one somewhere. In fact, I'd bet we find out this perp acquired/possessed it illegally. And anyone who files a PFA actually NEEDS a gun for protection. When you reach that point, it often goes sideways quickly.

(Franklin County)

I wonder how many folks know that it's possible to get a temporary "Emergency" LTCF issued? (PA §6109 (m.1))

I also wonder how many sheriffs know this even exists, let alone that they are obligated to process and issue it "Immediately" upon submission of the required documents (in this case, more than just a regular application).
    Wouldn't have done any good here as BWW doesn't allow carry.
    The Hostler

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Tell that to the guy shot by a third party who was "leaving the restaurant."
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    A shooting occurred at the Buffalo Wild Wing In Selinsgrove Pa . at 7'50 pm . At least 2 dead ?? If I recall Buffalo is anti second amendment .
    HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? YOU CAN'T HAVE GUNS WITH WINGS!

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    If the above proves to be true, this will become a non-story by the end of the weekend. The next story will be whether anti-2A Buffalo Wild Wings presses charges against the good guy with the gun.
    He's banned from the place forever!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

BWW = "policy"
    NOT LAW

(York County)

I expect the only required document to be a Bill of Sale from the LGS.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I'm guessing that the vast majority of people who file for PFA's are staunchly anti-gun and think the PFA's will protect them. I've already seen a couple FB posts that the law failed the young woman by not keeping a gun away from the ex. We all know that a person that's gone that far over the edge will find one somewhere. In fact, I'd bet we find out this perp acquired/possessed it illegally. And anyone who files a PFA actually NEEDS a gun for protection. When you reach that point, it often goes sideways quickly.
    I dealt with a lot of these. Those seeking PFAs run the gamut and mostly reflect the politics of their area. In some cases, they owned guns. In many cases, they weren't opposed but didn't. (I gave them the get training and a gun if they feel they could defend themselves spiel) Some freely admitted they couldn't shoot someone even to defend their lives. All of them I reminded they lived in area of limited law enforcement and slow response times and that a PFA was just a piece of paper.

Unfortunately, the system is broken. We had more than a few cases where the woman invited the man back, would then get mad at him and call us for a PFA violation. Only he could violate the court order. They should be made a no contact order enforceable against both sides. If it's serious enough for a PFA, there shouldn't be contact--period.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

I'm sure you were being cynical and sarcastic. You know the saying, 'Concealed is...'

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? YOU CAN'T HAVE GUNS WITH WINGS!

Is that a real BWW sign? No dancing around it.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Unfortunately, the system is broken. We had more than a few cases where the woman invited the man back, would then get mad at him and call us for a PFA violation. Only he could violate the court order. They should be made a no contact order enforceable against both sides. If it's serious enough for a PFA, there shouldn't be contact--period.
    Good idea. Someone I know went through this whole racket a few years ago and he had a PFA on him but the woman was constantly pestering him and turning up at his place of business trying to instigate situations. Then her lawyer dumped a document on him with ten conditions that he'd basically sign over his whole life to the woman in exchange for the PFA being dropped. Women in PA are using PFAs or threats of them to negotiate money, houses, businesses, conditions out of men.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast